Are the amino acid complexes that you use really effective for you? It depends on your goals. BCAA amino acids are useful for bodybuilders, power athletes, people seeking to lose weight, and those who want to improve recovery after training. With regard to fat burning, scientists have proved that a diet with a high content of L-leucine increases the oxidation of fatty acids and reduces catabolism, which leads to the preservation of lean muscles (it should be noted that BCAA is a safe fat-burning solution, unlike Clenbuterol or steroids for weight loss). Finally, during the training period, BCAA can be burned for the purpose of energy production. Below we will provide some interesting data on this issue.
The Use of BCAA in Bodybuilding
Amino acids with branched chains (i.e. BCAA) are a triad of essential aminos, which includes L-leucine, L-isoleucine, and L-valine. They’re called “essential ” because our body cannot create them. Therefore, they should be consumed with food. You can get the BCAA with the usual products (chicken and beef meat, eggs). However, BCAA bodybuilding supplements have their advantages, as pure aminos avoid processing in the liver, getting directly into the bloodstream.
BCAAs play a key role in building musculature. The BCAA product has the following useful properties:
- serve as a source of energy for the muscles during recovery and during intensive training, providing protection from catabolism (destruction);
- participate in the secretion of certain important hormones;
- activate the anabolic receptor (mTOR protein), enhancing the synthesis of skeletal musculature;
- act as a “building material” for muscle tissue.
BCAA Pre Workout Supplements – the List of Best Product
Here are some examples of best BCAA pre workout supplements, which may be taken before training:
- Musclepharm BCAA 3:1:2 caps. The uniqueness of this product is that it contains perfect ratio of leucine, valine and isoleucine (3: 2: 1). The drug is great for a qualitative increase in muscle mass and fat burning, thanks to a well-developed combo of amino acids. How to take it? To achieve the best effect, it is recommended to take the drug in a single dose (8 capsules) 30-40 minutes before the start of the workout and immediately after its completion. You can take 1-3 servings a day.
- QNT BCAA’S. It is a complex of essential aminos (L-leucine, L-isoleucine and L-valine) from the Belgian company called QNT. For optimal results, these BCAA’s are enriched with vitamin B6. High digestibility of the product is ensured by the micronized form of the aminos. Like the rest of the QNT products, BCAA’s meet the standards of ISO 9001, GMP, HACCP and EFSIS. How to take this product? The manufacturer provides the following recommendations: consume three capsules of the product a day during meals. For achieving best results, take an additional portion of the BCAA before and after your workout.
BCAA During Workout – Best Intra-Workout Supplements
To perform movements, the body needs energy. Each cell of the body is provided with the necessary amount of energy due to the biological mechanism of energy homeostasis. Sources of energy are glucose and fatty acids. In order to stimulate the process of energy release, growth hormone is included in the mechanism of homeostasis. This hormone induces fat stores to release energy. The body also starts insulin. This hormone is important for the absorption of glucose, in turn, glucose, entering the blood, itself stimulates the production of insulin.
If the blood glucose level decreases, the body tries to restore its levels. Therefore, it begins to release energy from reserves (muscle glycogen). In addition to glycogen losses, the rate of essential amino acids (first of all, leucine, isoleucine and valine) also decreases. As a result, the catabolism process is started and the muscle tissue is destroyed.
Nevertheless, the body can use an alternative source of energy for exercise, and in this case, catabolism will slow down. For example, when taking BCAA during training, the athlete’s body actively oxidizes the amino acid leucine entering the complex, gaining additional energy. As a result, catabolism processes begin to slow down.
It is believed that during training, it is best to use BCAA in powder (or at least in capsules). This is due to the fact that the powder is the most rapidly absorbed form of the essential amino acids of BCAA. The recommended dosage is 5-6 grams of amino acids during the workout.
Here are some examples of best BCAA supplements, which may be taken during workout:
- Myprotein BCAA 4:1:1. BCAA 4:1:1 product contains high quality BCAA aminos. It has an excellent taste – you can choose “berry explosion” or “tropical” (there is an option without taste). In contrast to other amino acids, BCAA is not metabolized in the gastrointestinal tract, they are delivered directly in the muscle tissue. Thanks to this unique property, they are able to build muscle and quickly prevent catabolism. Leucine is of particular importance among BCAA-amino acids. Like glucose, it is used in the production of ATP (energy substratum in the body), which allows to increase performance and store glycogen reserves during training. That is why key aminos are present in the product in 4:1:1 ratio. The product is suitable for men and women, representatives of various sports, who want to enrich their diet with an additional amount of BCAA. How to take this supplement? Mix 5 grams of the product (2 scoops) with water or juice. Use this drink immediately after your workout.
- SAN BCAA-Pro Reloaded. This supplement contains BCAA in 12:1:1 ratio! It turns out that this product contains three times more leucine than similar sports supplements. Therefore, during training with any intensity, thanks to the use of this powerful product, the athlete’s body will not lose muscle protein. Also, manufacturers claim that this supplement has the ability to activate testosterone production. How to take this product? To make a portion of amino acid beverage, mix a measuring spoon of the finished powder with 300 ml of water. The recommended dosage is 1 portion once or twice a day during and after your workout.
- USPlabs AminoLift +. It is a sports supplement that provides the body with clean energy and various amino acids. The basis of the product is a special mixture of AminoEssentials and Focused matrixes, as well as a vitamin complex (B group vitamins – B1, B6 & B12). AminoLift+ does not contain sugar, artificial colors, and gluten. Beet powder (a natural component) is used as a colorant in it. The product is produced in three appetizing tastes: watermelon, fruit punch and Mango Margarita. The AminoEssentials AminoLift + blend contains BCAA of pharmaceutical quality that promote muscle growth and have a pronounced anti-catabolic effect. Also in includes 11 non-essential amino acids. The Focused blend consists of choline bitartrate, caffeine from green coffee beans and grape seed extract. These components enhance energy, increase focus, and promote fat burning. AminoLift+ contains B vitamins in large dosages, which are approximately 10 times higher than those consumed by a person who does not exercise. But athletes are experiencing an increased need for these substances, because these substances are involved in metabolic processes and increase efficiency. How to take the product? Mix 1 to 3 scoops (from 8.6 grams to 25.8 grams of the product) with 150-450 milliliters of cold water. Use BCAA during workout or after it.
BCAA Post Workout – Best Supps
Taking BCAA post workout, you will enhance muscle growth and recovery after training. Here are some examples of best BCAA supplements, which may be taken after workout:
- Ultimate Nutrition BCAA 12000 Powder. This drug is developed by the US manufacturers specifically for high-quality rapid muscle recovery after intensive workloads, burning fat mass and a set of dry muscle mass. Each portion of the product contains as much as 6000 mg of BCAA amino acid complex with an ideal ratio of leucine, isoleucine and valine (2:1:1). How to use it? Mix 6 g of the powder with 250-300ml of water or another beverage. Take between food intakes and immediately after workouts. For professional athletes, it is recommended to take 12 g of the product.
- Biotech USA Liquid BCAA. This is an amino acid BCAA complex in a fast-digestible liquid form. The manufacturer of the product is the American company Biotech USA. The complex contains amino acids with branched chains in the classic 2:1:1 ratio. Like the rest of the manufacturer’s products, Liquid BCAA supplement contains only safe and thoroughly selected components. In addition to BCAA, it contains ornithine, which improves sleep, immune system and has anabolic activity. L-lysine, as well as BCAA, is a vital amino. It is a part of the protein in the body, it is especially abundant in collagen, which provides resistance to ligaments, cartilage, and tendons. In addition, lysine is necessary for the normal functioning of the immune system. AAGG (a form of arginine) promotes the synthesis of NO, which is needed for pumping. Vits B6 & B12 provide a normal energy exchange and reduce fatigue. How to take supplement? Mix 30 milliliters of the product with water or juice. Eat 1 serving three times a day: in the morning, before and after your sessions in a gym.