Steroids pills are used for different purposes. Steroids are contained in pills for asthma, in tabs for psoriasis, in anabolic drugs (such as methenolone), etc. In this article, we’ll look at some powerful tabletted preparation that are used in medicine and sports.
Legal Steroids Pills – Some Examples
The first group of these substances available in the form of legal steroids pills are corticosteroids. Here are some pills names of popular corticosteroids:
1. Prednisone (Allergan, Predinga, Deltasone, Pednisol, Prid, and Wysolone). This drug belongs to the group of synthetic non-fluorinated glucocorticosteroids. It is used for the treatment of rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis, hematological diseases, allergic diseases, bronchial asthma, Addison’s disease, lupus erythematosus, etc.
2. Methylprednisolone (Medrol, Sonicor, Stadasone, Stenirol, AP Methylpred, Depomed, Medisolu). It has a strong anti-inflammatory and anti-allergic effect. It is stronger than prednisone, while undesirable effects are less pronounced. Medrol in tablets is prescribed for all indications where it is necessary to use corticosteroid remedies (allergy, rheumatic diseases, hematological disorders, etc.) except when a patient’s life is in danger or when it’s necessary to obtain a fast and high level of glucocorticoid concentration in the blood. In such instances, Medrol is administered intravenously. For adults, the total daily dose at the beginning of treatment is usually 4 to 48 mg.
3. Prednisolone (Prelone, Pred-G, Orapred, Millipred, Orapred, Cetapred, Metimyd, etc,). Prednisolone is a synthetic glucocorticosteroid drug, a dehydrated analog of hydrocortisone. It has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, immunosuppressive, and anti-shock actions. It is used generally for the same diseases as the abovementioned drugs.
In addition, some steroids are presented as birth control pills and infertility tablets. Hormonal contraception meds may be combined (based on progestin and estrogen) or progestogen-only. They suppress ovulation by the hormonal way. Anti-infertility steroids, vice versa, can improve hormonal levels for conception to occur.
Side Effects of Steroids Pills
Common adverse effects of using these meds include:
- the tendency to gain weight;
- hormonal imbalances;
- recurrent infections;
- thin skin;
- loss of bones (osteoporosis);
- increased risk of ulcers inside the stomach.
These effects vary depending on the particular drug. For instance, high-dose intravenous methylprednisolone may lead to change in taste, stomach pain, sleep disturbance, appetite supression, agitation, and behavioral changes (Peter Joseph Jongen, Ioanna Stavrakaki, Bernard Voet, et al., Journal of Neurology, 2016).
Description of Anabolic Steroids Pills
Anabolic-androgenic steroids (AAS) may be used in medicine for treating osteoporosis and anemia, to stimulate muscle growth, etc. However, they are more popular in sports, where they are used for bulking. Most of these steroids are released in the injection form. For example, you can make Sustanon cycle only using injections. However, some anabolic steroids pills are also available. Among them are:
1. Methandrostenolone. This is a well-known oral anabolic steroid originally synthesized by Dr. John Ziegler and released in the US in the early 60s of the last century by pharmaceutical corporation Ciba.
2. Oxymetholone. This is an anabolic steroid developed in the 1960s by the company Syntex Pharmaceuticals. Oxymetholone is available in tablets of 50 mg and is one of the most potent steroids.
3. Proviron. It is a drug that improves musculature growth and erectile function. The usual daily dosage for men is 50 mg, divided into two equal doses, preferably after meals.
You can buy these pills online, but be careful, most probably anabolic meds (without a prescription) are illegal in your country, because most countries have adopted special laws prohibiting AAS. After using “juice”, post cycle therapy is needed. It includes using aromatase inhibitors, such as Letrozole bodybuilding.