Do women have testosterone? Vast majority of people think female organism doesn’t produce testosterone (T hormone) and believe it is peculiar only for men. Actually, woman‘s body synthesize this hormone and HGH too, but in less amount. Unfortunately, T hormone’s presence in ladies is a reason for some negative consequences, in particular, deterioration of reproductive performance (fertility). There are numerous factors of testosterone rate decreasing and increasing. Let’s outline them.
Female Testosterone Levels — How Does the Hormone Functions in the Body?
The ovary and adrenal cortex are responsible for testosterone “fabrication” in female persons. This hormone has a direct impact on the flow of pregnancy; it is involved in the follicle maturation process and performs other significant functions. It contributes to the proper work of bone marrow and influences the sexual attractiveness and mental condition. Decreased amount of this signaling molecules class causes especially unwished effect for the representatives of the fair sex, namely rapid aging and stress resistance worsening.
Here is a more detailed description of what T is responsible for:
- The hormone helps to develop follicles (receptacles of eggs) in the ovaries. The increased level of testosterone during ovulation makes a woman feel sexual desire.
- Testosterone plays an important role in the growth and proper bones creature during adolescence. The hormone maintains the strength of the bone structure during menopause in women. Deterioration of the hormone balance can lead to different diseases, such as osteoporosis.
- It helps to form the muscles of the body in accordance with the sex (male or female). Even if a woman eats a lot of protein and works hard in the gym, she will not get a lot of muscles. Due to this, female bodybuilders are forced to use steroids to build muscle mass.
- Formation, deposition and metabolism of many hormones, taking part in the process of human reproduction, occur in fat tissues. Testosterone is converted into estrogen, a female hormone, there. Male hormone deficiency can provoke abdominal obesity, excessive fat deposition at the waist.
- Testosterone also helps to get rid of unconscious anxiety, fear and depression. Scientists have revealed that women with high testosterone levels have higher thought process and memory indicators than girls who have lowered rates. However, hormone increasing makes tender, beautiful sex masculine, aggressive, self-confident, overly persistent. She strives for supremacy in relationships and career advancement. She becomes addicted to nicotine, narcotics and gambling games. In patients with low T, such inclinations are usually not detected.
Total and Free Testosterone in Women
There are 2 types of this hormone:
- Free testosterone, which is involved in the adolescent’s sexual formation is very important for mammary glands development. This type of hormone is not connected with a protein. Free levels are primarily checked during analyzes to control the endocrine profile.
- Total testosterone comprises free testosterone and protein bound testosterone. Its adequate rate is approximately 2%.
Natural decrease os the testosterone is associated with women’s maturity. Its proportion can fluctuate during the day, and is highly impacted by menses. For instance, normal testosterone rate is observed before noon (which is why it is necessary to take tests in the morning), and in the evening the reduction of hormone occurs. It also goes down after menopause, and pregnancy, on the contrary, pushes its emission, because the fetus also produces it.
Normal Level of Testosterone Females — Age-Related Table
The measurement for free testosterone is pg/ml and its rate varies with age. Here is the chart of age-specific levels of the hormone in women.
Average levels of testosterone in ladies:
|Age||Normal testosterone levels in women, pg/ml|
Total testosterone level indicates the whole amount of the hormone in the blood, regardless its relation with protein. The proper value, which is suitable for women of any age, should be from 0.26 to 1.3 ng/ml.
When determining testosterone level, specialists pay attention to the standards of the establishment (laboratory, etc.) where the analysis is submitted, since different clinics can propose not the same reference values, because of different specific reagents used.
If you are not sure in the accurateness and reliability of results, received in one clinic or laboratories, repeat the procedure in other place.
Causes and Symptomatic of Low Testosterone Rate in Women
Hormonal levels significantly depends on the day period, mood and menstruation. That is why, the norm can vary. Stable and huge deterioration of the normal index may indicate the following medical conditions:
- breast disorders;
- cardiovascular system disfunctions;
- pancreatic diabetes;
- low women libido;
- endometrium inflammatory response;
- problems with ovaries.
Additionally, excess weight or obesity, constant alcohol consumption, cigarettes addiction, and permanent stressful situation can trigger durable deficit of the hormone. Remember, that some products, namely fast and junk food, promotes testosterone reducing.
It is difficult to track the concentration lowering on one’s own; it lasts not a week or a couple of days, but months and even years.
The most obvious low testosterone symptoms are:
- the causeless appearance of excess fat(on lower abdomen zone, legs, arms, neck);
- increased skin dryness;
- brittle hair;
- low libido;
- continuous fatigue.
Often women ignore low testosterone signs, because they cann’t be called specific. One of the main feature, testifying of the problems is discomfort during sex. The unpleasant sensation appears, because testosterone takes part in vaginal secretion (serves a lubricant) formation. Consequently, hormone insufficiency prevents a woman from getting pleasure from sexual intercourse, which made her to visit a doctor.
Sings and Symptoms of High Testosterone in Women
Too high testosterone levels indicators are visible with the naked eye. Take into consideration that hormonal failure’s attributes are often harbingers of serious diseases.
If you notice any of them, see healthcare specialist immediately to avoid the aggravation of the situation.
You should pay attention on the following symptoms:
- Hair over the upper lip becomes much stiffer and darker.
- Body hair gets thicker.
- Fat production is intensified, so you need to take a bath every day.
- Rashes appear on the skin of the face.
- The hands skin is dry and flabby.
- The voice turns coarser.
- A woman is gaining excess pounds.
- The sexual appetite elevates.
In addition, distinctive symptoms include menstruation disorder, a male-type body constitution, increased aggressiveness, voice hardening and clitoris enlargement. Long-lasted hyperandrogenism causes impaired ovarian function.
How to decrease elevated testosterone? Women should change their way of living and normalize weight. The drug therapy with Spironolactone may be prescribed.
Testosterone Tests — Preparation and Procedure
You don’t have to wait much to receive testosterone determining results, in 24 hours it will be ready.
To ensure the correctness of test, certain conditions must be fulfilled. It concerns the period of time, when examination is better to conduct (it is optimal to be checked from 3 to 5 and from 8 to 10 days of the menstrual cycle). Other days are not recommended, if you want to get reliable results.
Physical trainings and sex should be missed at least 24 hours before the test. Try not to be exposed to stress and get rid of alcoholic beverages and smoking.
Discussion of drugs you take for treating any chronic illness with a doctor is compulsory. Pay particular attention to anticonvulsants, anabolic steroids, valproic acid, and Clomid for sale, which directly influences testosterone proportion. You may be advised to stop consuming certain medicaments before manipulation.
T is equally important for both men and women. Don’t neglect any signs of its decline or other related deteriorations. Have an appointment with a medical professional as soon as possible to preserve childbearing potential and other functions of reproductive system. How to lower T? The doctor may prescribe special pills for women. Depending on the cause, they may include:
- Eflornithine (Vaniqa, Eflotism, Plenas, Cycladin), which decelerates the growth of new facial hair;
- Metformin (Amophage, Anglucid, Avandamet, Diagemet XL, Normaglyc, Forminal, Metex XR) for treatment of type II diabetes;
- progestin-based meds (like megestrol,norethindrone, levonorgestrel, medroxyprogesterone) that can regulate periods and enhance fertility;
- Spironolactone (Spirix, Spirinolakton, Spirobeta, Aldactone, Spilactone Sankei, Spilazide, Youlactone, Spilak), a diuretic that modulate fluid and salt rates and decreases superfluous hair growth;
- glucocorticoids (glucocorticoid therapy lowers serum T in some hirsute women).
Testosterone Steroids and Their Side Effects
Overdose on hormonal drugs, in particular, testosterone derivatives and such preparations as Boldenone, Oxandrolone, and Winstrol, can induce hypersexuality. Women may experience clitoromegaly (a stable clitoris outer part enlargement).
Long-term use of medications of steroid origin can also cause other adverse events: acne, seborrhea, and others. In addition, other meds, which are in high demand in sports industry (such as Clenbuterol for sale) can also cause negative consequences.
This is important: the secondary male sexual signs that are manifested in women as a result of the use of anabolic steroids in sports, are irreversible. The tips, concerning diminishing testosterone are ineffective in such cases. It is better to use natural supplements for women than buy steroids online, exposing the valuable health to great risks.