Testosterone (T) promotes large muscles creation, strength, raised endurance and improved sexual drive. Obviously, this male hormone enlargement is a topic which significantly concerns representatives of the fitness and bodybuilding world. This article is an accurate and reasonable guide, which outlines how it is possible to boost testosterone naturally at home.
“Why is My Testosterone Low?”
There are plenty of factors, causing insufficient T production, including:
- Chronic calories lack (less than 20% of the basal metabolic rate).
- Constant overeating, which leads to obesity.
- Unbalanced, not wholesome nutrition with vitamins, minerals and other vital macro and micronutrients deficiency.
- Unsufficient fat consumption.
- Dispiritedness, stress and anxiety.
- Rapid mood swings.
- Treatment with different meds such as legal steroids (corticosteroids).
- Excess exercising.
- Poor sexual activity.
- Various metabolic problems.
- Hormonal contraceptives abuse(in women).
- Frequent and/or prolonged using of anabolics (such as Nandrolone and Turinabol).
- Steroid cycles without post-cycle therapy using Clomid for men, Tamoxifen etc.
- Chronic medical conditions, intermuscular and other infections.
- Sleep disorders, sleep apnea (ceasing breathing during sleep).
- Uncontrolled use of home remedies, such as “natural steroids“.
- Excessive alcoholic beverages consumption.
Natural Ways to Boost Testosterone — Resistance Training
Strength training is an especially important aspect of raising testosterone. Prof. William Kremer and other scientists have reported in the Sports Medicine Journal that training with weights (barbells, kettle bells and other iron) causes a significant T and HGH enhancement within a minimal period (up to half an hour after a training session).
But what should you do to speed up T emission? In 2010, scientist Brad Schoenfeld published a scholarly paper called “The mechanisms of muscle hypertrophy and their application for resistance training” containing reports about resistance training and its influence on anabolic hormones.
Below is a list of some key points of his research:
- Exercises are mostly multi-joint (for example, deadlift, barbell press, squats, thrusters, clean and jerk, etc.).
- The number of sets is 4 and more.
- Reps quantity is from 6 to 12, depending on physical aptitude.
- Time intervals for rest between sets should last 60-90 seconds.
Natural Ways to Boost Testosterone — Proper Nutrition and Water Consumption
How to raise T levels without meds? Here are science-backed tips.
Moderate calorie surplus. Sports experts claim the proper diet with a sufficient amount of calories helps to raise levels of T. Low-calorie nutrition can be the reason of testosterone-catalyzing enzyme’s activity decreasing. Consequently, testosterone production will decline. But do not overdo it because fat gaining provides activation of aromatase enzyme (a cytochrome which ensures testosterone to estrogen conversion).
Eat more meat (chicken, pork, beef, poultry, turkey, mutton, veal, etc.) and fish. According to studies, all natural vegetarian/vegan diets depress testosterone production. In 1985, the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition released an article, written by B. J. Howie and T. D. Shultz, who tried to reveal hormonal interrelationships between those, who follow the vegetarian diet (Seventh-Day Adventists) and those, who are omnivores. The result proved that vegetarians had lower testosterone rate, unlike people, who didn’t exclude meat from their menu.
Make sure you eat enough fat. This nutrient should account for 30% of your daily caloric intake. However, you have to control the amount of polyunsaturated fats (contained mostly in fatty fish, corn and sunflower oils). Focus on monounsaturated fats. Canola oil, peanut butter, nuts and avocado are excellent sources of this good nutrient. Saturated fats contained in red meat, dairy products (milk, curds, yogurt) and egg yolks, should also be in sufficient amount. Numerous researches have supported the effectiveness of fats. For instance, specialists from the University of Pennsylvania have conducted an experiment, concerning determining the impact of different dietary regimens on testosterone level. They have found that eating food, rich in saturated and monounsaturated fats, helps to attain desirable goals much quicker. Polyunsaturated fatty acids, in turn, play a negative role.
Add more vegetables to your meal plan. Cruciferous vegetables: broccoli, Brussels cabbage, kohlrabi, rocket salad, and daikon, which contain indole-3-carbinol (C9H9NO), are precious. This chemical compound diminishes estrogen synthesis, which was proved by H. L. Bradlow, J. Michnovicz , N. T. Telang, and M.P. Osborne from the Institute of Hormonal Research (NY) in 1991.
Drink plenty of water. In 1985, a specialists’ cohort from the University of California revealed that dehydration significantly inhibits T release after training with iron, contributes to the cortisol concentration, and adversely influences metabolic process.
Ways of Testosterone Increasing: Vitamins and Minerals
Sufficient vitamins and minerals intake plays a crucial role in this process. These nutrients are considered natural testosterone boosters. Add enough vitamins B, D, A, C, zinc, and magnesium to your menu.
- Zinc. Its deficiency is undesirable if you want to maintain necessary testosterone rate.
- Vitamin D. Vitamin D takes part in regulating the amount of the hormones. Administration of this vitamin (at least for one year) affects enzyme aromatase, which transforms testosterone into estrogens. It is a well-known fact, that staying indoors for a long time means you have to consume a large quantity of vitamin D. Scientists advise to get this vitamin from supplements, since food can’t provide you with daily need (600 IU).
- Magnesium. In 2009, French experts claimed that magnesium was very beneficial for testosterone emission due to its ability to block SHGB excess producing.
Natural Ways Of Boosting Testosterone –Sleep Right, Relax, and Enjoy Sex
Sleep. The main surge of male hormones happens during sleep. That is why, you have to ensure a healthy sleep (7-9 hours per day). Brazilian scientists assure that lack of sleep causes deterioration of androgens circulation and worsens endocrine system homeostasis. Several reliable studies also proved negative impact of poor sleep.
Relaxation. Meditation and all kinds of relaxation techniques, including natural therapy methods, will facilitate combating stress. A study by American specialists have revealed that regular meditation prevents cortisol from production and contributes to test and HGH elevation.
Sex. It is the last tip on how to boost testosterone naturally. Many believe, that sex lower the level of testosterone. It is not true. Vice versa, sex acts in the opposite way. One research, held in 1992 (at the University of Georgia) proved this.
The Bottom Line on Natural Testosterone Boosters and Methods of Hormone Increasing
Apply the tips on how to increase testosterone naturally as a single set. In this way, you will feel the effect, which will manifest itself in the form of a stronger, muscular and definite body. Give the muscles a regular exercise load, adjust your diet, providing your body with all necessary micronutrients. Do not forget to pay attention to rest and stress management. In addition, you can use proven home remedies. Due to this, you can increase testosterone, HGH and improve your overall health.