Do you want to have a beautiful body and at the same time lead an active social life filled with events? This can be done! You can attend the gym only 3 times a week using a 3-day full body workout presented below. Well, let’s go!
Introduction to Full Body Circuit Workout (3 Days a Week)
Why you might need a full body circuit workout 3 days per week? Let’s say you exercise on an everyday basis – seven days a week – but at some point, a work, a girl or social life will stand in your way. And when this happens, you will have two options: continue to visit the gym or give up. An effective three-day training program is the secret of how to stay in shape to any man.
It is not a question of daily training of the back or chest. To stay in shape and even get stronger, training only three times a week, you need something more intense. Well, a training program, developed by a certified specialist in power and functional training named Chris Smith, will help you.
Instead of splitting training sessions into muscle groups, Smith combines them into three highly effective training sessions for the entire body. And he is right. The most effective training program involves all muscle groups.
It may sound crazy, but you know what’s even crazier? No parties, dates, and football matches, because you need to train … If you dream to spend more time outside the gym, while staying lean, you can do something extraordinary.
Forget About Ordinary Workouts
3-day training program, presented below, focuses on all muscle groups. Smith praises this technique for one simple reason: high-intensity training affects the muscle fibers more often, which can lead to more muscle growth.
Quadriceps that you shake with squats during the first training, having recovered, will be pumped again when you will do squats with a barbell on your shoulders a couple of days later. As Smith explains, you pump the muscle, but do not overtrain it, so that it recovers in a day or so.
Change Volume of Exercises
The following strategy allows men to train only a few times a week:
- On the 1st day, select a moderate intensity and volume load designed to create a so-called base for subsequent training.
- On the 2nd day, increase the intensity to build muscle strength and prepare the body for the third workout.
- The 3rd day is a high-volume training program that provides muscle growth and muscle mass increase.
You will work pretty hard on the last training day of the week, and then for the muscles will receive the rest for two whole days .
On weekends you may want to perform another resistance training. Do not do this. According to Smith, every training should be performed once in a mini-cycle (one week). There should be at least one day off between them. Visit gym on Monday, Wednesday and Friday to free the weekend. It should be noted that if you take illegal steroids like Winstrol, you can train more often.
The Devil is in the Details (Tips For Performing Exercises)
During each workout, you will perform alternating sets of exercises, consisting of heavy compound (multi-joint) movements. Compound exercises involve a huge number of muscle fibers at the same time, providing a greater return on the time spent for workouts. You will perform these compound exercises in several alternating set, since they are devilishly exhausting.
How to implement alternating sets? Do the first exercise (for example, pull-ups), and then rest for a certain amount of time. After you have rested, do the following exercise. Continue until all the recommended approaches are followed, and then proceed to the next group of exercises.
This timing option allows you to lift a heavy weight set after set, because you will have more time to recover. Do not forget to rest. Rest is simply necessary to achieve the optimal result.
Choose a load that will allow you to perform all the recommended repetitions, keeping control and proper technique. Smith leaves in reserve one or two repetitions at the very beginning. During the third training, he works until muscle failure. If you feel that you can perform more repetitions in the last set, increase the weight next week.
You might be interested in Murph CrossFit workout.
Include Cardio Exercises in Your Full Body Workout Plan
Such exercises do not take much time, so you can start them right after resistance workout. Smith chooses running as a cardio. Running affects the buttocks, quadriceps and calf muscles, reducing fat mass. Jogging outdoors strengthens muscles and joints. A different terrain will not allow you to abstract and move on autopilot. If you are injured and can not run, ride a bicycle (if possible). If not, you may use corticosteroids to treat injuries.
On the first day of training, the load should be moderate, as during a normal workout. First, you should practice jog for 15 minutes, sometimes accelerating for 30 seconds to increase the endurance of the body and burn fat.
On the second day, do more intensive training, alternating between 500 m running and 500 m jogging (in general you need to run 3 km),
On the third day, again, 3 km distance is to be done. After running 1.5 km, jog 500 m to recover.
Don’t Forget About Proper Nutrition
If you overeat or drink alcohol for a few days, consider that week of work in the gym has gone down the drain. This is due to the fact that now you are doing less than usual, and should pay even more attention to their diet. If you want to practice just three times a week and have free weekends, use the rules and dietary recommendations for muscle mass. Give preference to proteins, complex carbohydrates and unsaturated fats. You can also use dietary supplements like BCAA and Korean ginseng.
Best Full Body Workout (Weights and Bodyweight)
Your full body workout plan may be as follows.
Day 1. Moderate Intensity and Moderate Volume.
- Barbell Squats. 4 sets of 6-8 repetitions, 60 seconds rest. Do it together with pull-ups.
- Pull-Ups. 4 sets of 6-8 repetitions, 120 seconds rest.
- Inclined Barbell Press. 4 sets of 6-8 repetitions, 60 seconds rest. Do it together with Romanian deadlift.
- Romanian Deadlift. 4 sets of 6-8 repetitions, 120 seconds rest.
- Abs Crunches. 4 sets of 20-30 repetitions, no rest. Do it together with bicep curls.
- Bicep Curls. 4 sets of 8-10 repetitions, 60 seconds rest.
- Treadmill Jogging. 15 min.
Day 2. High Intensity.
- Front Barbell Squat. 5 sets of 3-5 repetitions, 90 seconds rest. Do it together with barbell row.
- Barbell Row. 5 sets of 5 repetitions, 120 seconds rest.
- Barbell Bench Press. 5 sets of 3-5 repetitions, 90 seconds rest. Do it together with Romanian deadlift.
- Reverse Crunches. 4 sets of 10-15 repetitions, 120 seconds rest.
- Treadmill. 3000 m.
Day 3. “Volumized” Workout.
- Barbell Squats. 4 sets of 12-15 repetitions, 90 seconds rest. Do it together with pull-ups.
- Pull-Ups (calisthenics exercise). 4 sets to failure, 90 seconds rest.
- Inclined Dumbbell Press. 4 sets of 12-15 repetitions, 90 seconds rest. Do it together with Bulgarian squats.
- Bulgarian Squats. 4 sets of 15-20 repetitions, 90 seconds rest.
- Scott Bench Bicep Curl. 4 sets of 12 15 repetitions, no rest. Do it together with dumbbell skullcrushers.
- Dumbbell Skullcrushers. 4 sets of 12-15 repetitions, no rest.
- Foam Roller Exercise – 4 sets of 15 repetitions, 1 min rest.
- Treadmill Running (Cardio) – 4 km.
30 Min Full-Body Workout – Fast Option
You can also practice a quick 30-min full body workout program, which may be as follows:
- Chest. Chest Press Machine – 5 min.
- Legs. Leg Press – 5 min.
- Shoulders. Lateral Raise Machine – 5 min.
- Shoulders. Back Lat Pulldown or Seated Row – 5 min.
- Triceps. Cable Pushdown – 5 min.
- Biceps. Machine Preacher Curl – 5 min.
Read more about boulder shoulder workout here.