Many people try steroids for fat loss. However, there are other medications that are successfully used for cutting. Cardarine is one of these. Let’s talk about this powerful drug and its use in sports.
What Is Cardarine?
Cardarine (code name GW501516) is a drug aimed at increasing endurance. It may be incorrectly referred to as a SARM.
Cardarine was developed in 1990 for the treatment of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases. According to modern studies, Cardarine is a fairly potent agonist of PPARδ, the peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor δ.
In addition, a two-year study in humans proved that the component does not cause cancer and is relatively safe for health. This boosted its use by athletes for sporting purposes. Taking GW501516, one can get rid of excess fat and make the body hardier. The medication improves athletic performance, helping muscles to work tirelessly.
A History of Cardarine Use in Sports
In 2008, before the XXIX Olympic Games, there were fears that athletes could use the GW501516 as a performance-enhancing drug to increase endurance levels. This medication was not prohibited by the rulebook and was undetectable by standard doping tests.
One researcher developed a urine test to detect this drug and provided it to the International Olympic Committee. WADA, which fought against the use of illegal steroids and PEDs in sports, came up with a test for GW501516 and other linked PPARδ agonists and banned these substances in 2009.
In 2012, WADA reclassified GW501516 from a haemolysed compound rating to “hormone and metabolic modulators” (S4). In 2013, the international foundation issued a warning regarding risks of its use and the impossibility of granting its approval to use.
Despite these admonitions, failed doping tests featuring GW501516 became more frequent. For example, at Vuelta Ciclista in Costa Rica in December 2012, four riders tested positive for this PPARδ receptor agonist. They penalized three of them who then received a 24-month suspension, the fourth got a 12-year suspension, as this failed doping test was his second offense.
The substance has been studied in scientific literature multiple times:
- Chen W, Gao R2, Xie X (Sci Rep. 2015 May) — A metabolic study of the PPARδ agonist GW501516
- Russell W. Smith, Jeffrey D. Coleman, Jerry T. Thompson et al. (Biochem Biophys Rep. 2016 Dec) — An analysis of its therapeutic potential
- Péchery A, Fauconnet S, Bittard H et al. (Tumour Biol. 2016 Nov) — Revealed apoptosis activation in invasive bladder cancer cells. Hypothesizes that the molecule could be relevant in the treatment of high-grade urothelial cancers.
- Magliano DC, Penna-de-Carvalho A, Vazquez-Carrera M (Endocrine. 2015 Nov) — Shows that the substance improves inflammatory conditions in white adipose tissue and liver deterioration in mice fed a high-fructose diet.
- Mosti MP, Stunes AK, Ericsson M and others (Endocrinology. 2014 Jun) — Reported that GW501516 negatively affected bone properties in OVX (ovariectomized) rats.
- Yangyang Ji, Hui Li, Fang Wang (Front Pharmacol. 2018) — GW501516 suppressed tumorigenicity of undifferentiated nasopharyngeal carcinoma in special cells.
Despite these rigorous studies and others, we have insufficient knowledge of the substance at the moment.
Proper Dosage of Cardarine in Sports
Due to a half-life of about one day, it’s recommended users take the drug once a day. If an athlete uses increased dosage (20 mg per day and more), two servings of Cardarine may be used every 10 to 12 hours. One should take the medication on an empty stomach; in the morning after sleep and in the evening before bedtime.
Cardarine Users’ Reviews
At the moment, there are few reviews focused on Cardarine in sports, which is explained by the minimal availability of the med in the market of sports pharmacology (mostly because of the complexity of its production), high price, and widespread counterfeits. But user testimonials are generally positive.
We’ve found two detailed reviews about this drug:
“I went through only half of the Cardarine cycle, I did not mix it with other drugs cause I wanted to feel its effect better. What I can say, so far 3% has gone, which makes me happy. My body is now more vascularized, although it’s not a known merit of the drug. My feelings are as follows: in terms of vitality, everything is perfect. I’m in the peak of a low-calorie diet and don’t feel drowsy or lethargy. I feel good during training, as if I used a light pre-exercise drink.”
“I bought Cardarine not for the sake of losing weight but for energy. In CrossFit, the drug proved perfect, in some workouts I improved my results and moved from the dead point. Resistance training also became much more vigorous, especially intensive EMOMs. Cardarine significantly improves performance during EMOMs. To summarize, this drug a good thing, but athletes ought to be very careful with doping controls.”
Cardarine Before and After Results
People who have used Cardarine report that it provides the following beneficial effects:
- Increased stamina. Cardarine has been banned for professional athletes because it gives unfair advantages: power, endurance, and additional energy generation. The substance causes a steady increase in endurance. A typical dosage to increase muscle endurance is 10-20 milligrams per day.
- Weight loss and excess fat burning. We observe these effects because of increased lipolysis. Cardarine can be administered with classic fat burners to reduce weight.
- Anti-catabolic effect. Many individuals who used the product confirm the effective anti-catabolic influence. To intensify bulking, 20mg/day may be used. It allows swifter recovery time after workouts.
Increased contractility of muscle fibers. The medication is valuable during high-intensity training. Scientists say that HIIT is better at burning fat than conventional cardio.
- Cardarine may be combined with all SARMs allowing the user to increase the anabolic effect.
Cardarine before and after results are impressive. However, this medicine may cause severe and unpleasant adverse events.
Possible Side Effects
According to the Evolutionary website, Cardarine is virtually free of side effects. However, in 2007, studies showed the carcinogenic effects of the compound in rats and in cell cultures.
The Holly E. Hollingshead study (2007) reported that GW1516 did not stimulate the proliferation of human cancer cells, but many believe that the data from this study are not a reliable refutation of the carcinogenic effect in humans.
Use of Cardarine in Combination with Other Drugs
We should understand that Cardarine became popular not only because of its effectiveness but also because of the ideal synergy with other PEDs. Moreover, experts who claim it combines with all sports supplements (like BCAA) and meds are often right.
The medication is not suitable for combo cycles with anabolic steroids, which can cause water retention. Even if you use creatine supplements, Cardarine improves the quality of training and helps avoid excessive water retention (side effect of creatine). Your muscle mass will be more rigid and lean as a consequence.
Here is an example of a steroid cycle with Cardarine:
- Dianabol (30 mg / day)
- Cardarine (20 mg / day)
- Aromasin (or other aromatase inhibitors / PCT steroids)
Thus, Cardarine is a promising drug used in various sports to burn excess fat and provide rapid cutting. However, the safety of its administration in the athletic field has not been sufficiently studied by researchers. Therefore, some of its side effects may be unpredictable.
Where to Buy Cardarine for Sale Online?
Cardarine for sale is available in various sports supplement stores and Cyber drugstores (Sarms4you, Predator Nutrition, SARMS Pharm, Sarms1). Regrettably, it is usually offered illegally. It doesn’t mean that you will buy counterfeited drugs, but most times, illegal suppliers sell fake versions of the medication. So be careful and check websites and reviews about it before purchasing Cardarine online.
Disclaimer. We in no way condone the use of anabolic steroids or RX drugs in sports.