Many professional athletes use anabolic steroids, such as Nandrolone. However, some of them do not want to risk their valuable health and choose natural alternatives. Below we will give you accurate information about them.
Anabolic Steroid Alternatives: What Are They?
With the advent of sports pharmacology, steroid anabolics and other “chemicals”, all sportsmen were divided into 2 groups: “steroid users” (“juicers”) and “natural” (“natty”) athletes. The first one use drugs of chemical origin to achieve hoped-for performance. The second type representatives use only their natural genetic potential, eat wholesome, balanced food regularly and may add anabolic steroid alternatives. Some people opt for homeopathic remedies, but their effectiveness is not supported by official medicine.
The List of Safe Steroid Alternatives that Work
1. Vitamins and minerals. Scientists and healthcare professionals have always argued about the necessity to find the additional source (tablet, powder, other supplements) of these vital nutrients. Some have claimed that a human organism is completely satisfied with an appropriate amount of them with the help of wholesome balanced nutrition. We can get enough from meat, various cereals, vegetables and fruits. Others have disagreed claiming that the body needs more. The ultimate answer cannot be detected, as both sides are right. An average person who is not engaged in any sports activity, in theory, doesn’t need more vitamins or other useful substances, than food provides. But people, who deal with intensive trainings (especially competing athletes), require a larger quantity for maintaining proper body functioning. For this purpose they take complex vitamins in tablet and injection forms. On the market, there is an enormous assortment of them.
2. Protein. Special cocktails, based on whey protein, BCAAs, etc are the cornerstone of modern sports industry, in particular, bodybuilding. Athletes need much more protein than ordinary people. The necessary amount of protein for athletes is 2.5 g per 1 kg of body weight. One can hardly consume this amount of protein, eating food (meat, fish, pulses and so on). Sports additives are aimed at helping you to get deficient protein. A couple of portions of protein liquid every day (or every training day) supply you with a necessary quantity of vital amino acids. Alimentary products shouldn’t be neglected, since supplements can not replace general food. Balanced nutrition is also a basic precondition for muscle growth.
3. Amino acids. Many critics condemn taking amino acids in the form of food supplement. Their argument implies the thesis that only food contains necessary useful aminos, therefore additional intake is either useless or harmful. However, their opponents may object, saying that amino acids in free form are very beneficial and have even more properties, compared to amino acids in dietary protein. BCAA and glutamine are the most valuable for musculature gaining and post training recovery. These essential (BCAA) and semi-essential (glutamine) amino acids serve the ground for a perfect & strong body construction. The most suitable time for applying (dosing regimen) is directly after exercising or during it.
4. Creatine. This belongs to the most demanded dietary additives. Athletes appreciate it very much. The market is full of creatine-based supps. And there is a tendency of doubling their amount, since new remedies, containing this miracle molecule appear every year. Users are so excited and satisfied with creatine because of its powerful efficiency. Nevertheless, it is not suitable for completely all athletes. Approximately 50% of them notice no changes, namely no strength or endurance enhancement and absence of progress in bulking. If this unpleasant statistics don’t discourage you to buy creatine, choose its new alternative version with a transport system, which allows the substance to reach muscles faster.
5. Ecdistenum (ecdysterone, 20 Beta-Hydroxyecdysterone or 20Е). This is a natural compound, which has the steroid structure. It is derived from the Maral root (Rhaponticum carthamoides). When this herb’s extract enters the body, protein-synthetic processes are accelerated, and the protein accumulation in different organs is observed. It promotes physical endurance, brain functions and proper blood circulation. However, Maral root is not a cheap pleasure. The necessary dose varies from 50mg to 1000mg per day, according to the athlete’s respond to the supplement. For instance, some people may experience the needed therapeutic effect even from the small quantity of Maral root; others have to take more.
6. Rhodiola Rosea (also known as Golden Root, Aaron’s rod, king’s crown, Arctic root, lignum rhodium, and orpin rose). The plant’s constituent, called rhodopsin, provides high pharmacological effect. Some countries provide Golden Root‘s pure form manufacturing. Orpin rose’s distinctive feature is its forceful impact on muscle tissue, which causes strength and stamina increasing, acting as a stimulant. Besides, contractile proteins and myosin are activated.
7. Tribulus (also called goat’s-head, bullhead, caltrop, cat’s-head, devil’s eyelashes, devil’s-thorn, and puncture vine). This substance is extracted from a plant called goat’s-head. It stimulates autonomous testosterone emission. The herb has a good reputation among sportsmen. Athletes recognize its efficacy. Working dosage is 1000mg to 3000mg per day.
The Best Steroid Alternative — Tribulus Terrestris
Tribulus Terrestris is a fruit-producing Mediterranean herb that is covered with spines. Many sports supplements are based on it.
This plant has been used in traditional and folk medicine for centuries to treat male infertility, boost strength, and eliminate depression. What is the secret of Tribulus? Modern scientists have found that it contributes to testosterone level elevation. This anabolic hormone is responsible, in particular for the musculature growth and male sexual activity acceleration.
Tribulus Terrestris, as the best steroid alternative, comprises special herbal substances (protodioscins), which positively influence male sex hormone rate. Studies have proved that plant extract with about 20% protodioscin induces pituitary gland and trigger gradual testosterone uplift. Experts claim that all this contributes to luteinizing hormone secretion, which promotes the testosterone production and increases its free levels (i.e., the amount, which is not connected with the blood proteins). Also, Tribulus provides the expansion of blood vessels and the nutrients delivery to the muscles. However, some researches have shown no significant effect of Tribulus on testosterone levels.
In addition, bullhead has a positive effect on sexual function, since the testosterone level is increased and blood flow in the genital area is observed.
To sum up, Tribulus has the following beneficial properties:
- augmentation of muscle growth;
- increased strength;
- improved overall health;
- faster post-training recovery;
- normalizing the functioning of the central nervous system;
- strengthening sexual function and healthy libido.
As you can see, Tribulus can be a great alternative to steroids pills.
Advantages & Disadvantages of Natural Steroid Alternatives
The main advantage of steroid alternatives that work is their legality in contrast to anabolics, such as Sustanon 250 and Anavar. Also, they are fully safe and don’t cause numerous adverse events related to deterioration in cardiovascular system functioning, the liver’s condition, and natural testosterone emission. Sometimes, anabolics‘ abuse may trigger a significant hormone level decline, which requires testosterone therapy using. Steroids for women can cause irreversible masculinization (male traits development).
Unfortunately, natural steroid alternatives are not equally effective as real anabolics.