It’s no secret that a lot of baseball athletes used steroids. Definitely, steroids in the NFL are a big problem. Why do players take illegal medicines? They do this to become faster, stronger and to gain muscle mass. Great muscles are very important in American football given the essence of this sport. Von Miller is the famous American football player who now plays in the NFL. It should be noted that now he has no problems with doping and anti-doping tests, but a few years ago he was tested positively on banned medications. Below we will tell you about this story. But first, we think you should know the most important facts from the biography of this outstanding football player. At the 2016 Super Bowl, the sportsman showed one of the biggest individual defensive indicators in the history of the event. He forced 2 fumbles and recorded 25 sacks.
Von Miller’s Background
Von Miller (his full name is Von B’Vsean Miller) was born March 26, 1989, in DeSoto, Texas. He is the US football defensive lineman who facilitated the Denver Broncos of the NFL receive the Super Bowl several years ago. Miller was a superstar in football at DeSoto High School, but some football recruiters were concerned about the guy’s relatively small size to play a defensive lineman. Nevertheless, one assistant trainer at Texas University was impressed by Miller’s speed and sports performance. As a result, he offered the young athlete a scholarship. The guy started to perform at Texas A&M, playing there during 2 years. The guy was then chosen by the Denver Broncos with the 2nd overall pick of the draft in 2011. In his first professional year, he performed perfectly and made a significant impact inside the team.
Some Facts from Von Miller’s Biography
Miller admitted that he was a nerd at school. Once he said: “I was a nerd. You think I’m joking? I am not kidding. Nerd. My glasses are not a fashion statement. I do not see anything without them since childhood. Now it’s fashionable. In the 1999, glasses weren’t fashionable.” He also said: “I heard all the offensive nicknames that you can only imagine. But football is not a playground in the school. If you call me four-eyed at the schoolyard, laugh in my face, then they would leave me after school if I touch you. On a football field in Texas, I’ll kick your ass for such words. ”
Miller is known for his excellent defense game and the status of an impassable defender. In 2016, the football player signed a 6-year contract with the Broncos for 114.5 million dollars. Therefore, now Miller is the new face of Denver. He replaced Peyton Manning at this position. In addition, Von is the highest-paid defender of the NFL. Interestingly, Miller has a farm on which he grows chickens.
Recent Von Miller’s Achievements
In 2016, Denver’s linebacker Von Miller was recognized as the most valuable player of the 50th Superbowl. The 26-year-old American became the fourth player in his role, which received this award. Broncos leader Payton Manning was the first starting quarterback to win the Superbowl with two different teams. For the 39-year veteran, this victory was the 200th in his career (including the playoffs). He became the first quarterback, coming out in the start, to which the given mark was subjected.
Recently (at the beginning of 2018) Barcelona’s Lionel Messi and Luis Suarez met with Von Miller who performed as a linebacker of the NFL team Denver Broncos. If you look at this photo, you will see that Von Miller is a real rock against the backdrop of the Catalan athletes. Therefore, some people develop suspicions that Miller uses steroids.
Von Miller and Steroid Scandal
In 2013, Miller was tested positively according to the results of the anti-doping test. He was suspended from 4 games of the season. It is not known what steroids this athlete used. Also in 2013, information appeared that in 2011 Miller used marijuana and amphetamines. In light of these events, some sports experts said that the guy was risking his career. There was also information that Miller was going to appeal this decision. However, the game suspension was not canceled. The sportsman became eligible to play on October 20, 2013, when the Denver Broncos played the Indianapolis Colts.
Users’ Comments on Von Miller and Steroids
Here’s what users say about Miller and his steroids use story:
- “No wonder, he was so good”. It means Miller had a great physique, most probably to the use of illegal steroids and other performance-enhancing drugs.
- “Only 4 games? Seems way too lite.” As you can see, some users believe that the punishment for Miller was very mild. And it’s true, for example, some baseball players got a 50-game ban or even more.
- “Man four games does seem pretty low.”
- “He’s fast, but he’s not that fast,” one source said of Von.
Possible Steroid Cycle of Miller
Perhaps Miller used one of the following anabolic medications (or several at once).
- Human growth hormone. According to former NFL players, 10 to 40 percent of athletes in the NFL use growth hormone. Independent administrator of the policy of banned stimulants of the NFL, Dr. John Lombardo, writes off the problem on the limitations of anti-doping tests. It should be noted that the Olympic champions in running and players in American football significantly increase the production of their growth hormone naturally, doing interval sprint training. However, many of them are not averse to trying out synthetic versions of this anabolic hormone.
- IGF-1. Insulin-like growth factor is a protein whose structure and functions are similar to the hormone insulin. IGF-1 regulates the development and growth of body cells. Scientists believe that it takes an active role in the processes of aging of the organism, if its indicators are closer to the upper mark of the permissible norm (the older the person, the less protein), the life span is longer. It is the concentration of IGF-1 in the blood that regulates the amount in which the human growth hormone in the pituitary gland will be synthesized, as well as somatoliberin, which produces the hypothalamus to activate the production of hormones somatropin and prolactin. This medication helps to restore injured players to tendons, build muscle and become stronger and faster. It is known that Vaughn Miller was often injured. Therefore, he could use insulin-like growth factor to recover faster.
- Winstrol (stanozolol). It is an anabolic steroid produced in tablets and in solution for injection (Winstrol Depot). This drug was developed in 1962 in Winthrop Laboratories. There is evidence that the medication protects against the progestagen effect of nandrolones. Unlike most steroid injections, stanozolol is an aqueous suspension. The main goal of using stanozolol by American football players is to increase explosive strength, speed and endurance. So probably Von Miller used this medication.
This steroid cycle is our assumption. We do not claim that Von Miller used steroids and do not know exactly what kind of medications he probably used. The above information is based on statistics on the use of illegal medicines in the NFL and statements by some players.