Corticosteroids are special hormones our body naturally produces. Steroids are generally aimed at decreasing inflammation, suppressing the person’s immune system, preventing histamine (a chemical which releases during different allergic reactions) production, etc.
Although steroid drugs are artificially made by man, they are almost identical to natural hormones, describes above.
Corticosteroids are a specific kind of steroids aimed at treating various diseases. They completely differ from anabolic steroids that many sportsmen use and non-steroidal meds (such as Letrozole for men). Anabolic steroids (for instance, Sustanon) can affect the body unpredictably, which may be very dangerous. Corticosteroids are presented in numerous forms, including soluble tablets, caps, solutions, inhalers, ointments, lotions, creams, and injections.
What are over the counter steroids?
Over-the-counter (OTC) medicines are drugs, which you can freely buy without any prescription given by your doctor, unlike prescription medicines, which are available only for those consumers who have appropriate prescriptions. OTC steroids are very rare.
Do OTC steroids exist?
Unfortunately, almost all corticosteroids are prescription meds, which means that availability of the required medical prescription makes this drug purchase legal. However, there is Hydrocortisone – the only topical corticosteroid, which is presented as an over-the-counter drug. So over-the-counter steroids aren’t a myth.
Companies manufacture it in 1% concentration. 0.5% and lower concentration are not that beneficial. Hydrocortisone cream is a very powerful remedy to treat irritation and itching. The list of its brandnames includes:
- Ala-Cort by a US-based Del-Ray company;
- Itoron by a Japan-based Iwaki Seiyaku;
- Alfason by a German-based Astellas Pharma;
- Cortivis by an Italy-based Medivis;
- Actocortina by a Spain-based Nycomed;
- Anacort by a Bangladesh-based Techno;
- Hidrocortisona Generis by a Portugal-based Generis;
- Oralsone by an Argentina-based Gramon-Millet;
- Anucort-HC by a US-based G&W;
- Hipocort by a Turkey-based Orva;
- Hydrosone by Christo (a company from Hong Kong);
- Mylocort by a South African Pharmacare;
- Novocortil-L by a Peruvian-based AC Farma;
- Pannocort by a Belgium-based Pannoc;
- Siguent Hycor by an Australian-based Aspen;
- Steroderm by an Indonesian-based Medikon;
- Oftan C-C by a Finland-based Santen.
The use of topical steroids
Topical steroids are usually available in various liquids, such as creams, aerosols, lotions, gels, and solutions. These steroids contain corticosteroids and people can use them depending on the zone they want to treat, applying steroids cream or gel to the skin or scalp.
It is worth noting that they will help your organism to reduce the inflammation significantly as well as depress your immune system and narrow the skin blood vessels.
Topical meds are very effective for treating rash, bites, itching or irritation. Remember, that applying these meds together with anabolic ones, which are used by bodybuilders for increasing the muscle mass, is destructive to health.
The Use of Nasal Steroids
Nasal steroids or nasal corticosteroids are drugs, whose main elements are corticosteroids, in particular, beclomethasone, fluticasone, budesonide or triamcinolone. These steroids are designed as nasal medicines.
The efficiency of corticosteroids in reducing inflammatory disorder, including that caused by allergic reactions, cannot be overestimated. Nasal corticosteroids are also an irreplaceable aid in relieving the following symptoms: mucous production, nasal congestion, nasal swelling, provoked by hay fever and allergic rhinitis.
You can use the best nasal corticosteroid sprays to cure:
- allergic rhinitis symptoms, including congestion, sneezing, runny nose, nasal passageway swelling or itching;
- nasal polyps, disease, which appears as noncancerous growing in nasal passage lining.
Nasal spray, based on corticosteroids differs significantly from those numerous nasal sprays designed to treat cold and available at general stores.
Steroid Pills Use
Oral medicine steroids (steroid pills) are great remedies to treat ample quantity of conditions, in particular:
1) Inflammatory bowel dysfunctions, such as ulcerative colitis and Crohn’s disease;
2) Autoimmune (caused by the immune system overactivity) disorders, including autoimmune hepatitis and others;
3) Muscle and sinew diseases, like polymyalgia rheumatica and rheumatoid arthritis;
4) Allergies disease and asthma.
Moreover, these oral steroids are beneficial to treat some types of cancer. Furthermore, they are a great remedy for those, who suffer from Addison’s disease, when the body stops producing its own steroids.
The Best Website About Steroids
Our website is a modern resource offering reliable information about steroids. Here you can find interesting articles about women on steroids, types of anabolic meds (such as drostanolone propionate), etc.