Drugs which are applied externally, like topical ointments, gels, for instance, are also prescribed for combating hypogonadism. Among efficient remedies of this type, which contain the main sex hormone for men, based on testosterone. It features a pronounced androgenic impact.
This gel is a great tool for dealing with the lack of androgen. However, its effectiveness is not as prominent as that of alternative drugs, existing in injectable or tablet forms. All attempt to compensate for deficits in different ways, however, application and initial potency impact the concentration of effective substances making a significant chemical transformation. All come with advantages and disadvantages you must consider.
Testosterone cream for sale is available legally only by prescription. There are no over-the-counter versions.
The Effectiveness of the Testosterone Cream for Men
Testosterone injections and oral preparations are characterized by higher performance than gels. This doesn’t prevent testosterone gels from being utilized. Therapy with this medication form has many positive responses. Due to less invasive administration, some rate it more favorably.
The gel substance contains 50 mg of the main active agent (testosterone) and other indispensable constituents (isopropyl myristate, water, etc.). The drug’s active substance has a beneficial property, namely, it promotes proper genital organs development and function.
Testosterone is also efficient in:
- boosting libido and enhancing sexual satisfaction in addition to sex drive;
- normalizing potency, increasing fertility and chances of conception.
- accelerating fat burning and increasing metabolism to facilitate stereotyped male form (like Cytomel generic).
The drug also promotes intensive musculature enlargement build muscle mass, retaining the components responsible for protein synthesis (nitrogen, potassium, sodium, phosphorus, sulfur). Also, it provides some other benefits similar to many types of anabolic steroids.
Scientists claim that some of the medicament’s functions activate after the process of converting it to estradiol. After that, it sets links with Leydig cells, fatty tissues, the brain, and the pituitary gland. After the gel is applied to the skin, the absorption of 14-15% of the substance takes place. Testosterone joins systemic circulation approximately one day after administration. The maximal concentration of the hormone lasts for a couple of days. Testosterone rate oscillations may be observed. The medication’s active components are excreted through the kidneys and intestines.
Best Place for Testosterone Cream Applying — Accurate Instruction
How to apply the medication? The necessary instructions are included on the packaging. An instruction booklet describes the right drug’s application. The most suitable time for using the gel is before noon. Regular application according to schedule is desirable. If you feel uneasy or have any questions or concerns regarding the technicalities of the drug, direct your fears and insecurities to a doctor or pharmacist for expert advice.
The optimal dosage is 5 grams daily. In some specific situations, healthcare specialist can recommend you to increase it up to 10 grams. Cover the skin of the shoulders or abdomen (best place to apply testosterone cream) with the product. Don’t touch your eyes after the manipulation and don’t smear the genitals or mammary glands and irritation may follow. It takes 3-5 minutes to absorb the gel. After finishing the procedure, wash your hands with soap and hot water to remove gel’s oddments. Be sure to disinfect any contaminated items which may have come into contact with your dirty hands like sinks, faucets, or towels.
Testosterone Cream for Sale — Contraindications
If you suffer from prostate cancer, it is forbidden to use the gel, since testosterone can provoke an increase of malignant or benign tumors.
Other contraindications include arterial hypertension, acute renal failure, severe heart failure, epilepsy, decompensated hepatic insufficiency, high sensitivity to the hormone or auxiliary drug’s components.
The List of Side Effects of Testosterone Cream
If you suffer from prostate cancer, it’s forbidden to use the gel, since testosterone can provoke an increase of malignant or benign tumors. Keep this potential malignancy in your mind if you’re vulnerable to this diagnosis. Other complications include arterial hypertension, acute renal failure, severe heart failure, epilepsy, decompensated hepatic insufficiency, high sensitivity to the hormone or auxiliary drug’s components.
The List of Side Effects of Testosterone Cream
The following adverse events can occur:
- Acne, erythema, irritation in the place of application;
- Prostate gland’s unnatural enlargement;
- Gynecomastia (growth mammary glands or known as moobs or man boobs in street slang);
- Mastodynia (mastalgia) or breast discomfort;
- high arterial tension;
- Severe headache;
- Rapid mood swings;
- Irritability, aggressiveness, unreasonable anxiety;
- Reversible alopecia;
- Paresthesis (abnormal sensations like tingling, prickling, chilling, burning, numbness (like it fell asleep) ;
- Prolonged, painful and spontaneous unwanted erections;
- Weight gain.
It should be taken into account that testosterone enhances the effect of anticoagulants in pills This makes sensitivity to insulin as well as to triiodothyronine and thyroxine much higher. Pay attention to these if you are hypoglycemic or diabetic. In addition, it enhances the action of steroids, such as Drostanolone and Sustanon.
Testosterone Cream for Women — All You Should Know
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has not revealed the efficiency of testosterone and steroids for women for female sexual dysfunctions elimination. Currently, no medication, based on testosterone, is recognized as an effectual remedy for the fair sex by American researchers. Medicines that are designed for men are not suitable for women because of too much dosage. But the pharmacist, following your doctor’s recommendation, can make a compounded testosterone formula individually for you, since the standard dose doesn’t suit you. Treating with testosterone is aimed at improving female sexual drive, satisfaction, and arousal.
Small testosterone quantity will help increase the level of androgens. It especially concerns those women who:
- Have removed ovarian excision (oophorectomy)
- Have decreased libido
- Have severe problems with the adrenal system.
Testosterone is not recommended if you:
- Are pregnant. Testosterone administration in this delicate period may be the reason behind male traits forming.
- Have or have had uterine myoma or breast cancer.
- Besides, you shouldn’t be prescribed to take testosterone if your cholesterol level is too high or if you have problems with cardio-vascular system or liver.
- Important Tips
Don’t forget about the following information:
- In most cases, light side effects shouldn’t be the reason for stopping treatment if getting the desired result from the medicine is more important for you.
- Prolonged taking of certain medication can be even more beneficial, as side effects can vanish.
- If you are not sure that the therapy, inducing negative consequences, meets all your requirements, consult a licensed doctor, you can mitigate the dosage or give other useful, pithy advice.
Best Brands of Gel
There are several renowned brands of the product:
- Androgel by AbbVie Inc.;
- Testim by Auxilium Pharmaceutical;
- Homeopathic cream by NutraceuticsRX (it is not FDA-approved).
Where to buy the drug? Online pharmacies are a good option, but always check their reliability before making your order.