Testosterone is the main male hormone, which is responsible, among other things, for the growth of muscle tissues. Unfortunately, in many sterner sex persons, testosterone levels begin to decline with age, which makes it difficult to gain muscle mass, burn fat deposits, and even maintain energy levels.
What should they do? Some resort to the use of anabolic steroids (you know, steroids before and after results are sometimes very impressive). But anabolic steroid use is associated with some risks as well as some severe side effects. What is more, they require post-cycle therapy after a cycle. So, if you appreciate your health, it is better for you to use bodybuilding supplements that work like steroids instead of such drugs as Equipoise (boldenone undecylenate), drostanolone enanthate, and others.
Iron Test — MusclePharm Arnold Series
Iron Test is a powerful testosterone booster marketed under the brand MusclePharm Arnold Series (the United States). Iron Test belongs to the exclusive line of new sports supplements developed by the world-famous company MusclePharm in collaboration with Arnold Schwarzenegger. The product contains many ingredients and promotes anabolism by increasing the production of testosterone in the body.
This supplement works like steroids and has the following useful effects:
- Increases strength. According to the developer’s statements, you will become a real beast in the gym and will be able to lift much larger weights.
- Provides a natural increase in testosterone. This is facilitated by proven and effective ingredients, such as D-aspartic acid and zinc. As a result, your muscle mass will constantly increase.
- Supports rates of cortisol (catabolic hormone) at the optimal level. Iron Test supplement is a good answer to “how to lower cortisol levels” question.
- Improves anabolic processes in the body.
- Promotes muscle pump, improves the supply of nutrients to muscle tissue.
In addition, the product is perfectly combined with other sports nutrients, such as protein, pre-workout complexes and creatine. We haven’t found any studies related specifically to this product. Moreover, according to Geoffrey W Melville and others (Western Sydney University, 2017) d–aspartic acid (DAA) is ineffective at boosting testosterone rates, or positively affecting training results. However, Vedat Cinar, Taner Akbulut et al. (Firat University and other Turkish universities, 2018) revealed that zinc supplementation improves performance.
ZMA Sleep Max by MAXLER
Intensive workouts often deteriorate sleep quality and trigger insomnia, which disrupts the testosterone emission and improves the synthesis of cortisol (“bad” hormone cortisol and weight gain accelerate musculature loss). MAXLER (sport nutrition producer) has a unique remedy,ZMA Sleep Max, aimed at unruffled sleep maintenance and featuroing other veracious characteristics. Among its ingredients are gelatin, magnesium stearate and silicon dioxide.
The ZMA Sleep Max’s main constituents are zinc (Zn), magnesium (Mg) and vitamin B6 (which inter-converts in biological system). These chemical elements accelerate testosterone production and provide the athlete with quick strength regaining by plunging into effectual (deep and restful) sleep. This condition is vital for people, engaged in strenuous trainings, since the night rest promotes a profound tissue and system regeneration and activates muscle growth.
ZMA Sleep Max is rich in melatonin (hormone, produced by pineal gland), which is responsible for regulating wakefulness and circadian rhythms. Normalization of these processes contributes to enhancing endocrine system and maintaining proper blood pressure which, in their turn, retard senescence. The preparation’s components – Ginkgo biloba (also known as maidenhair tree), passionflower (Passiflora) extracts and Melatonin – further strengthen its beneficial influence, advertised by its manufacturers (destroy uneasiness, regulate endocrine system, delay aging, etc).
However, scientists Colin D Wilborn, Chad M Kerksick, Bill I Campbell, and others (Baylor University, Waco, TX, 2004) reported that “ZMA supplementation during training does not appear to enhance training adaptations in resistance trained populations”.
Cyclin GF Manufactured by MHP
Cyclin GF anabolic complex comprises natural ingredients. It is produced by an enterprise called MHP Corporation. The product is activated at the nighttime, contributing to the regeneration and enlargement of valuable muscles. The study, conducted to verify the drug’s advertised properties, proved that its substances induced muscle fiber increase at night. The latest studies show that there are millions of “dormant” Muscle Precursor Cells (MPCs) deep in muscles, which are activated by the drug and the growth of new muscle fibers begins. The remedy allows athletes to use their entire potential rather than discrete fractions.
It is fundamental to realize that people, especially those, who exercise hard, have to get enough sleep. Without this, their organisms will cease to keep working in due course and they will never see gorgeous body shapes in the mirror. Cyclin GF’s ingredients initiate restoration and progress in their thorny way of creating magnificent forms. The product stimulates GH (growth hormone) (this peptide hormone is also called somatotropin) and IGF-1 (growth factor 1, also known as somatomedin C) and induces the synthesis of IGF-2 (growth factor 2). However, like Iron Test, this product is unresearched.
Other Ways to Increase Testosterone Naturally
- Proper food intake. As you know, we are what we eat. Food affects all processes in the body, including the hormone synthesis. Poise the proportions of the basic nutrients (proteins, fats, carbohydrates) in your ration. Avoid trans fats consumption (hydrogenated unsaturated fats contained in margarine and fast food, namely fried burgers, french fries, chips, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, tacos, ice cream, different snacks, etc); research has shown that these harmful fats degrade testosterone synthesis, while such foods as pumpkin seeds, tuna, oysters, eggs, beef and legumes, conversely, foster this process.
- Healthy sleep. Scientists have found that poor refreshment, insomnia and regime disturbances have an undesirable impact on testosterone (and on the whole body). Make enough sleep (approximately 7-8 hours daily) a priority to avoid taking potentially harmful pills.
- Physical exercises. Working out in the gym or exercising out-of-doors will help to Increase testosterone in men. Running, swimming, interval working with body weight and “iron” raise this hormone rate, hamper excess kilos accumulation and enhance immunity. Avoid overtraining condition since it has an adverse impact.
The Bottom Line on Bodybuilding Supplements with Steroid-Like Effects
Testosterone supplementation is a good way to elevate testosterone production naturally. They don’t have severe side effects and are well tolerated by the organism. Also, they don’t require the use of after-cycle therapy with Letrozole, Clomiphene citrate and other drugs (as in the case of anabolic steroids). However, you should keep in mind that using bodybuilding supplements as a sole technique won’t make your body perfect. There must be elaborated a complex approach comprising such methods as training, nutrition, rest, and healthy lifestyle. Sports additives are only supplementary things that will speed up the achievement of the longed-for results.
Disclaimer. We don’t promote mentioned products, we just provide you with information about them given by their manufacturers (through the critical lens of scientific research).