There are many adherents of healthy lifestyle that prefer fully natural supplements without stimulants and animal-derived ingredients. As you may understand, we mean caffeine-free and vegan-friendly products (and, of course, non-GMO products). In this article, we will tell you about them.
Pre Workout Supplements – What Are They?
Pre workout supplements are relatively new products in the sports nutrition market. Not so long ago they began to gain popularity among athletes. In recent years, a lot of research has been done on this issue and many beneficial effects of the components of pre-exercise have been revealed. So, pre workout supps are usually supplied with the following potential effects:
- increase in sports performance;
- increase in strength;
- increased endurance;
- decrease in muscle breakdown during training (anticatabolic effect);
- increased synthesis of muscle protein;
- improved energy and focus;
- improved delivery and use of nutrients;
- better metabolic rate (we mean fat burning effect);
- providing an optimal hormonal background, for example, pre workout supps with Tribulus Terrestris help to boost testosterone naturally).
Natural Pre Workout – Homemade Options
Many athletes like to experiment. Therefore, they prepare their own pre workout supplements using natural ingredients including OTC remedies (but not OTC steroids). That option allows them to choose the component that will be most effective for their bodies. Most home pre workout supplements are prepared with the use of caffeine – a powerful stimulant of the nervous system. In bodybuilding, the following recipes are popular.
Green tea, a slice of lemon, and a teaspoon of honey. This natural pre workout supplement improves the concentration, relieves nervous tension, gives cheerfulness. According to the feelings of athletes – it takes about two hours. Green tea contains caffeine, but if you often drink coffee or other caffeinated beverages, then perhaps this recipe will not be safe for you.
Black tea plus ascorbic acid. This is an excellent pre workout supplement used to improve performance in training and suppress catabolic processes (ascorbic acid inhibits the production of cortisol). How to prepare this supplement? You need to brew 3 bags of tea in a 200ml mug, then pour the content into a 0.5l bottle, add the usual water, add 50mg of vitamin C, stir until vitaminized dragees (tabs or powder) dissolve. The put the bottle in the freezer. Take a few sips during the training.
Here is another option of home pre workout. Prepare a drink according to the previous recipe and add to it 15-25 drops of tincture of Eleutherococcus and 8-10 g BCAA in powdered form. Use during training. Thus, you get a greater stimulating effect due to the tincture of Eleutherococcus, as well as energy boost and suppression of catabolism due to BCAA.
Home pre workout supplements can be more effective than ready-made sports supplements, but for this you need to experiment with the compounds in order to find the most effective product for yourself. Do not forget that all stimulants deplete the nervous system, so do not use them too often.
Vegan Pre Workout – Features and Sample Products
Veganism and vegetarianism are among the most popular types of nutrition plans. Their adherents do not eat meat products, and some refuse even dairy products.
Choosing sports nutrition for the vegans is not an easy task. First, the refusal of meat, thereby the lack of amino acids, creatine and others, important for the growth of substances, may cause some problems. Secondly, veganism is also a rejection of dairy products. Thus, thinking about sports supplements, we also exclude whey protein, because it is made from milk. There are only two options: soy isolate and protein based on another vegetable protein like pea protein. Both can be found in specialized sports nutrition stores.
But there is a good news. Pre workout supps and fat burners can be used to stimulate the central nervous system and increase the result of workouts. In them, as a rule, there are no products of animal origin. With their help, you can increase mental concentration, get the necessary energy, improve blood circulation and much more. Fat burners are also acceptable, although in the case of this category of athletes (vegans) it is hard to find overweighted people.
Here are some of the best vegan pre workout supplements:
- INFINITY 100% Natural Pre Workout Powder. This product contains citrulline, beta-alanine, caffeine, black pepper, and some other ingredients.
- GENIUS All Natural Nootropic Pre-Workout. It is a 2-in-1 nootropic pre-workout supplement, which contains arginine, taurine, tyrosine, HICA, and some other components.
- NITROSURGE Pre Workout Supplement. The main ingredient of this pre workout supplement is citrulline, which is aimed at better muscle pump.
- USDA Certified Organic Pre Workout Supplement. This product contains several proprietary blends consisting of exclusively natural components. Of course, there are no components having animal origin in this supplement.
- Vega Sport Pre-Workout Energizer. This product features a complex of ingredients from 100% plant-based and natural product with the promise of sustained energy, and enhanced sports endurance.
Caffeine Free Pre Workout Supplements
In fact, it’s a huge myth (misconception) that a pre workout product should have an infernal composition that tears you from the inside out during training. In general, there are many lovers of pre workout products without stimulants (without caffeine, guarana, DMAA, etc.).
First and foremost, we mean products that give excellent pumping in training. You can pick one of the following top products.
- Blackstone Labs Hype. Yes, this is a classic supplement for better muscle pump. But it is often used as a pre workout product. You can safely use it. Hype features excellent composition, where there is no caffeine. There are any athletes who use this supplement.
- Full As F * ck Rich Piana. This is an excellent caffeine free pre workout product for pumping, which contains a large component matrix. It also features huge dosages of components including 1 gram of agmatine and 4 grams of citrulline. This product has been developed by Rich Piana.
- Primeval Labs Engorge. There is no caffeine in the composition. There are components such as taurine, agmatine sulfate, which together increase concentration and focus on your training.
- N.O.RAW Xcel Sport Nutrition. The composition of this drug is similar of that of Engorge. However, there are components for pumping muscles. This is one of the most expensive and most powerful remedies for muscle pump.
In this article, we have not mentioned those supps that contain a small amount of stimulants, such as Plasmajet by Gaspari nutrition. Volatile by Formutech nutrition contains stimulants but in small quantities.