Ways to Reduce Cortisol Naturally and Cope with Stress
Stress and levels of the hormone Cortisol are two inseparable concepts. Cortisol helps to regulate blood pressure, immune system during a sudden crisis, when physical or emotional attacks happen. Cortisol helps you use energy stocks and improve the ability to fight infection. The problem is that the constant stress keeps survival mechanism constantly working, undermining the proper operation of hormones. Chronic high levels of Cortisol can cause lots of grave diseases and disorders that have to be cured.
Fortunately, the antidote to high Cortisol exists! There are natural and pharmaceutical ways to diminish Cortisol levels. Most pharmaceutical methods have a number of contraindications and unwanted after-effects, that’s why it’s better to use natural ways primarily.
If you don’t know how to reduce levels naturally, this list may help you:
– To reduce Cortisol by 66%. Listen to more music. Music has a calming effect on the brain, especially if you’ve got a large portion of stress.
– To reduce Cortisol by 50%. Go to bed early or snooze. Recommended eight hours every night stop work on the body and give it enough time to recover from daily stress.
– To reduce Cortisol by 47%. Drink a little black tea. “A bowl full of fun”, — so say the British about black tea. It is synonymous with comfort and tranquility. The British prefer to drink it in the afternoon. As it turned out, it has a scientific foundation.
– To reduce Cortisol by 39%. One of the best ways to reduce Cortisol naturally is to take a stroll with a cheerful friend who supports you, distracts from the issues, can help reduce your stress hormone changes.
– To reduce Cortisol by 31%. Sign up for a massage and relaxation massage can help reduce your stress level. According to research by the University of Miami School of medicine, and after several weeks of massage Cortisol in subjects on average had dropped by almost one third.
– To reduce Cortisol by 30%. One of the best natural ways to reduce Cortisol is to do sport. You don’t need to spend some hours a day in a gym; it may lead to the opposite effect. 2-3 times a week for not more than 60 minutes are quite enough to maintain testosterone level to conquer a high Cortisol. For the best results, you can take some legal steroids, which are highly effective for reducing Cortisol level.
– To reduce Cortisol by 25%. Do something spiritual religious rituals to protect many people from everyday pressures and reduces the secretion of Cortisol.
– To reduce Cortisol by 12-16%. Chew gum the time you feel exhausted. The reason is that chewing gum increases blood flow and neural activity in some divisions of the brain.
We can say it is a natural blocker’s list. So you shouldn’t worry about any unpleasant consequences.
Food that reduces Cortisol naturally
Before pharmaceutical treatment, most doctors recommend their patients to reduce Cortisol naturally. And one of the most pleasant ways to do it is to change your dietary regimen. Of course, it’s not a secret that there are foods that reduce Cortisol and food products, which increase its level. There is a lot of information about this in books and on the Internet, but it’s better to consult your doctor to choose the most appropriate products for you.
These are the best lowering foods:
– Walnuts and linseed food. These products are rich in omega-3 amino acids, which decrease the Cortisol production after stress;
– Eggs. It’s one of the most perfect fighting foods with a high Cortisol. A wonderful source of choline, which is very important during mental efforts and stressful emergency;
– Citrus and papaya. They contain lots of vitamin C, which diminishes Cortisol level especially after intensive sports activities;
– Fish oil. It’s not necessary to buy specific Cortisol reducing supplements; you can just eat the following kinds of fish: salmon, sardine, mackerel;
– Bitter chocolate. It improves the balance of metabolic hormones and reduces the release of Cortisol;
– Spinach. It contains lots of magnesium, vitamin B and antioxidants, which improve metabolism and decrease the harmful impact of stress. Besides, magnesium is used for the production of some Cortisol reducing supplements, which are very effective to cope with stress;
– Beans. These vegetables contain a special substance that very effectively reduces the level of Cortisol: phosphatidylserine (PS). FS has proven itself as a means of lowering the level of Cortisol during stressful situations; it is extremely useful for cleavage of Cortisol and improving hormonal balance during the post-training period;
– Shelled pumpkin seeds. They are one more natural blocker of high Cortisol because like spinach contains lots of magnesium. It is also known that they help control the release of sugar into the blood to improve the level of metabolic hormones. Try other nutrient-rich seeds that can improve the hormonal balance, such as chia (contains a lot of magnesium), and sesame (improves estrogen metabolism).
Opposites of fighting foods
These were reducing foods, but you should know some products that you must avoid if you have some problems with Cortisol levels. They are:
– Trans fats. Increase of the amount of trans fat in the diet leads to aggressive behavior and increases the risk of depression-both linked to hormonal imbalance.
– Fruit juices. Most people don’t suspect that fruit juice consumption increases the risk of developing diabetes and degrades the metabolism leading to the changing of Cortisol levels.
– Nonfat flavored yogurt. Such products can’t contain necessary alive probiotic bacteria which help to reduce Cortisol levels.
– Caffeine. Products with caffeine (coffee, energy, sugary sodas, green tea) stimulate a significant production of Cortisol.
– Refined carbohydrates. This kind of food leads to elevated Cortisol formulation. You should avoid white bread, pasta, white rice, sweets (candies, chocolate).
– Alcohol. If you drink alcohol after an intensive training it will enhance the Cortisol levels.
One more solution: Cortisol reducing supplements
There are a number of chemical compounds called Cortisol blockers: these drugs or dietary supplements are to reduce the activity of hydrocortisone or depressing its secretion in the adrenal cortex. Besides, they maintain high testosterone, which doesn’t let Cortisol increase. The wide popularity of these substances received among men and women actively involved in sports because Cortisol blockers help to preserve muscle mass after a course of anabolic steroids.
Here we can mention tamoxifen. It’s really good for men and women. This med stimulates a natural elaboration of testosterone. One more supplement is such a med as Cabergoline. It’s rather good for women: it reduces the hormone of stress and the drug restores menstrual cycle of women.
It is known that Cortisol and testosterone contribute to the revitalization of the muscular system. However, excessive accumulation of Cortisol can cause the destruction of the muscle fibers – Dianabol almost completely eliminates this process by blocking the deleterious effect of the hormone, and reinforces the blood rush to the muscle fibers, while ensuring maximum oxygen powered past.
If you don’t want any side effects, such as acne or Gynecomastia, Primobolan is a perfect variant, it is not transformed into estrogen, which means no side effects associated with estrogen, during course reception.
If you want to lose excess weight effectively and control Cortisol levels you may take methenolone acetate. Besides, it’s suitable for women. Such additives manufacturers argue that there are no almost cases of side effects. However, doctors do not recommend taking blockers without first consulting.