Jillian Michaels is a famous American fitness guru. She is the author of many video routines for weight loss. The effectiveness of Jillian’s programs has been proven by millions of her fans. She became famous after coaching in the reality show “The Biggest Loser” (2004-2016), which was broadcasted in more than 90 countries. Now Jillian Michaels’ programs are probably the most popular product of home fitness.
Introduction to Jillian Michaels’ Kettlebell Workouts for Women
- Jillian Michaels offers a wide variety of training content: both for individual problem areas and for the whole body.
- The effectiveness of her programs has been proven by millions of its followers. She has gifted new physique many girls around the world. She is really a fitness guru. Michaels has a wide training experience.
- Even beginners can perform Jillian Michaels’ workouts. Start with the famous “30 Day Shred” program and make your body beautiful and fit. Then you can switch to other workout plans developed by Jillian.
- Jillian knows what phrases can motivate people. With her, it will be very difficult for you not to finish the exercises to the end or to abandon workout programs. She is able to make people interested in fitness.
- You can train according to DVD video courses at home, for this you do not need to have special sports machines or some rare equipment.
- The basis of all Jillian programs is a high-intensity interval training. At the moment, this is the most effective way to lose weight, which really has become a breakthrough in modern fitness. You might be interested in HIIT cardio workout plan for women and men at home.
- Jillian also has comprehensive programs designed to lose weight and work out all the muscles for a certain amount of time. You do not need to combine exercises yourself, the competent personal trainer has already prepared an excellent training plan for you.
- If you just decided to start losing weight, then training with Jillian Michaels is just what you need. Clear, accessible, diverse and moderately intensive workouts will help you to achieve a beautiful physique.
- Jillian Michaels regularly releases new programs. As a rule, 2 times a year she announces fitness innovations. For example, in 2017 she released Tone and Shred, 10 minutes Body Transformation, and Killer Cardio workout routines.
- Jillian like workouts with kettlebells. She believes that this is a god way to train all body muscles.
- We think that Jillian do not use steroids for women like Oxandrolone. We believe that she is completely natural athlete.
Well, let’s consider kettlebell workouts for women.
30 Minute Kettlebell Workout – Jillian Michaels’ Version
One of the workout routines presented by Jillian Michaels includes 2 levels (15 days each), each lasting 30 minutes (5 minutes warm-up, 20 minutes intensive part, plus 5-minute cooldown). It is called “Strength training”. Following Jillian, you will see amazing results in 30 days, namely you will see a stunning change in your bodily proportions and muscle definition. In his strength training, Jillian sometimes uses a special equipment like kettlebells, but if you do not have a kettlebell, do not despair: you can use a dumbbell from 1 to 3 kg. When creating this training, Jillian used the principles of kettlebell lifting, which provides a significant increase in the quantity of calories burned. The first level is suitable for beginners and medium-trained athletes. Performing the exercises offered by Jillian, you will significantly increase your strength and endurance, learn the basic combinations of positions, squats and other basic exercises (such as swings, presses, deadlifts, etc.).
The second level of the workout plan is designed for advanced female athletes. During training you should use jerking technique and involve core muscles. Your muscles, especially the upper part should have noticeable strength, because new level exercises will require you to make major efforts. You will le such exercises as, deep squats, separate jerks, and Russian swings. The recommended weight of the kettlebell should be 2 to 8 kg.
The advantages of this workout routine are as follows:
- training is easy enough (especially at the first level), it also suitable for beginners;
- its duration is only 30 minutes (including warm-up and cooldown);
- the routine gives a load to the whole body;
- Jillian uses many innovative exercises that you have not seen in her other videos;
- the routine provides the best load on the core muscles and muscles of the upper body;
- the program includes 2 levels of difficulty, so you can progress in your workouts.
- the program is translated into other languages.
But there are also some drawbacks.
- The program is suitable for beginners (or medium-trained athletes) or as an additional load. Very experienced female athletes will not take many advantages from it.
- It is desirable to have a kettlebell for training.
To get the desired result, we recommend practicing “Strength training” (30 minute kettlebell workout) 4-5 times a week for a month. You can also add it to existing exercises.
You can find this workout routine on YouTube. You can also find there 8 min workout YouTube videos.
Jillian Michaels’ Kettlebell Workout – Final Tips
- To make Jillian Michaels kettlebell workout the most effective, do exercises only in sneakers! Sports barefoot or in sneakers is not a good option: there is a risk of injuring your knees.
- Sports with Jillian, although is it considered “soft”, may be dangerous. Therefore, you should follow the technique of doing exercises. Carefully listen to all instructions of the coach in order to avoid injury.
- If you are not advanced in fitness, then be prepared that after the first exercise muscles will hurt. It is not necessary to quit training because of this, after 3-4 days the pain will go away, and the body will get used to the loads.
- Do not be afraid to build too big muscles, with 2-3 kg kettlebells is impossible in principle. Michaels’ workouts are designed to lose weight and burn fat, not to muscle growth.
Do you not fit training of Jillian Michaels, or do you still doubt where to start? Read our article: slim legs beginner workout.Perhaps you will choose the best program among other options.
20 Minute Kettlebell Workout
You can also try the following 20 minute kettlebell workout.
- Full Swing (left and right);
- Lateral Raise (left and right);
- Bentover Row (left and right);
- Snatch (left and right);
- Clean and Squat (left and right).
10 Minute Kettlebell Workout
We also have an option for very busy women – 10 minute kettlebell workout. It may be as follows:
- Goblet Squat, 8 repetitions, 20 seconds rest;
- Kettlebell Swing, 12 reps, 20 seconds rest;
- Kettlebell Push Press, 8 reps, 20 seconds rest;
- Single-Arm Farmers Carry, 20 yards each side, 20 seconds rest.
Do not forget about warm-ups and cooldowns. These simple things significantly reduce the risk of getting injury. If you have had an injury, you can use cortisone shots according to a doctor’s prescription.