There are many types of steroids on the market, such as Halotestin, testosterone esters, and so on. But not only anabolics can provide muscle growth & other positive effects. Some athletes use HCG steroids. In this article, we will tell you about these drugs.
Is HCG a steroid – the definition
Is HCG a steroid? No, this drug has non-steroid nature. It is a chemical analogue of human chorionic gonadotropin. It medicine, it is used to cause ovulation & to cure infertility in females, and to enhance sperm quantity in male persons. HCG is also applied in boys when their testicles have not dropped down inside the scrotum. This condition may be a result of a pituitary gland disorder.
HCG substance is banned for use in sports. However, it may be important for preventing testicular atrophy after anabolic cycles. It has the same physiological effects as luteinizing hormone. Injections of HCG are RX drugs. The product is also available in the pills form. HCG pills are OTC, homeopathic remedies that contain a low amount of diluted gonadotropin. They are marketed as fat-loss remedies but they have unproven efficiency. Where to buy HCG? You can do it in numerous sports stores and drugstores.
Activity of HCG steroids in the body
The hormone is produced by female placenta and helps in the developing of the growing fetus. HCG steroids are only present naturally in the course of pregnancy, and may be detected in urine & blood tests 11 days after conception.
Due to the secretion of significant amounts of the hormone of the placenta, the yellow body, normally existing for about 2 weeks during each menstrual cycle, does not resolve in pregnant women and remains active for 10-12 weeks until the placenta is able to synthesize estrogen & progesterone. In male individuals, exogenous hormone stimulates the production of sperm and improves the development of sex hormones.
How to use HCG steroids?
How to use the drug? In case of prolonged using of anabolic steroids (for instance, Halotestin) in bodybuilding, HCG should be additionally administered to prevent atrophy of testicles. In sports, this feature of gonadotropin is the most valuable in promoting testosterone secretion in the testicles. Thus, HCG is used as an anabolic substance for muscle mass, as an element of post-course therapy, and as an additional remedy for losing weight.
The use of HCG for anabolism is not only impractical, but also dangerous for health. This hormone has lower effectiveness compared to anabolic steroids. It should be borne in mind that the use of HCG gives a noticeable effect only when using in high doses (more than 4000 IU a week). But such doses of the hormone can significantly disrupt the functioning of hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis.
HCG injections steroids – doses and features of administration
In order to protect the testicles from atrophy, it is necessary to use HCG injections steroids simultaneously with the use of anabolic steroids. Doses of this hormone in this case are small, but they are sufficient to maintain gained muscle mass and neutralize certain negative side effects of the use of anabolic steroids. The use of HCG may be necessary in case of use of anabolic steroids for a long period (more than 1.5 months) or wen taking in large doses.
In these cases, chorionic gonadotropin promotes the preservation of the hypothalamic–pituitary–gonadal axis, allowing the function of the testes to be maintained in cases when you decide buy testosterone and use it.
As an element of PCT, chorionic gonadotropin is used much less often. Most experts say that it should be used before post-cycle therapy, because simultaneous using of PCT and HCG can hinder the achievement of the necessary results.
As a component of dietary supplements, chorionic gonadotropin is absolutely ineffective. Therefore, it is now available in the form of various meds for intramuscular injections. The effect of one injection lasts for almost a week, although the half-life period of the substance is around several hours.
The need for this hormone does not exist if the duration of the cycle of anabolics is no more than 2 months and anabolic drug is used in low dosages. In case of longer cycle at higher dosages, or the administration of 3 or more anabolic steroids, chorionic gonadotropin should be administered to prevent testicular atrophy. Injections should be done before the full excretion of anabolic steroids. HCG is administered continuously in case of prolonged cycles, however, in order to prevent testicle side effects after 3-5 weeks, it is necessary to take breaks of 1-2 weeks. This approach is considered optimal for maintaining the function of the testicles and maximizing complete recovery after a cycle of anabolics.
Side effects of HCG steroid cycle
HCG steroid cycle may lead to some side effects. Among them are:
- Accumulation of liquid. When taking the hormone, the fluid may accumulate in tissues, thereby increasing them in size. To prevent terrible swelling, it is important to reduce consumption of salty foods and alcohol consumption.
- Enhanced likelihood of increase in height (rapid) when used in children (according to information contained in some studies).
- Gastric problems, such as diarrhea, nausea, and feeling of indigestion.
- Enlargement of penis and testes in boys. This side event can occur only in the case of prolonged use of the hormone in large doses. In case of proper usage, this side effect does not occur.
- Decreased quantity of urine.
How to increase HCG steroids in the body naturally?
There are no scientifically proven methods for increasing HCG naturally. This issue may be relevant for pregnant women.
However, we can give some tips on how to maintain health pregnancy:
1. Exercising. Staying physically active (yoga, swimming, etc.) is a must for most future moms to be.
2. Relaxation. Don’t accumulate fatigue, negative feelings and stresses it your body.
3. Proper nutrition. A balanced diet is the key to the formation of a beautiful body. Find the information about principles of proper nutrition and the list of the most important products for you. Eat foods with fiber, choose healthy snacks, and limit caffeine (and alcohol, of course).
4. Proper supplementation. Vitamins, such as folates, are very important for pregnant women. Consult a doctor about the proper vitamin supplementation.