There are many types of steroids on the market, such as Halotestin, testosterone esters, and so on. But not only anabolics can provide muscle growth & other positive effects. Some athletes use HCG. This is a polypeptide hormone, which stands for human chorionic gonadotropin. This article gives you a precise illustration of this drug.
Is HCG a Steroid — the Definition
Does HCG belong to steroid group? No, this drug has a non-steroid nature. It is a chemical analogue of human chorionic gonadotropin. It medicine, it serves for causing ovulation & curing female infertility, and enhancing sperm quantity in male persons. HCG is also applied in boys when their testicles have not dropped down inside the scrotum. This condition may result from a pituitary gland disorder.
HCG substance is banned for use in sports. However, it may be important for preventing testicular atrophy after anabolic cycles. Its physiological effects is identical to luteinizing hormone. HCG injections are RX drugs. Their brand names are Chorex, Chorigon, Pregnyl, Novarel, Ovidrel, A.P.L., Choron-10, Gonic, Ovidac, Choriomon, and others. The product is also available in the pills form. HCG tablets are OTC homeopathic remedies that contain low quantity of diluted gonadotropin. They are marketed as fat-loss preparations but they have unproven efficiency. Where to buy HCG? You can do it in numerous specialized sports stores and pharmacies.
Activity of HCG “Steroids” in the Body
The hormone is produced by the female placenta and helps in the development of the growing fetus. HCG steroids are only present naturally in the course of pregnancy and may be detected in urine & blood tests 11 days after conception.
Proper placenta’s functioning, which secrets significant amounts of HCG, prevents the yellow body (normally existing approximately 2 weeks every time menstrual cycle occurs) from resolving in pregnant women. The yellow body remains active for 10-12 weeks until the placenta is capable of synthesizing estrogen & progesterone. In male individuals, exogenous hormone stimulates the production of sperm and improves the development of sex hormones.
How to Use HCG “Steroids”?
How to use the drug? In case of the prolonged cycle of anabolic steroids (for instance, Halotestin) HCG should be additionally administered for preventing testicles atrophy. In bodybuilding, this gonadotropin’s feature is recognized as the most valuable in promoting testosterone secretion. HCG is an anabolic substance for musculature enlargement, as a constituent of post-course therapy, and as an additional remedy for losing excess kilos.
HCG for anabolism is not only impractical but also health-threating. This hormone is less effective than anabolic steroids. Remember that only huge doses of HCG (4000 IU and more) give a noticeable effect. But such doses of the hormone can significantly disrupt the functioning of hypothalamic-pituitary-testicular axis.
HCG Injection Steroids — Doses and Features of Administration
In order to protect the testicles from atrophy, it is necessary to use HCG injection steroids simultaneously with the use of anabolic ones. Doses of this hormone, in this case, are small, but they are sufficient to maintain the gained muscle mass and neutralize certain adverse events of the use of anabolic steroids. Using HCG may be necessary if the anabolic steroid cycle is long-lasting (more than 1.5 months) or when large doses are taken.
In these cases, chorionic gonadotropin preserves the hypothalamic–pituitary–gonadal axis, which promotes testes function maintaining if you decide to buy testosterone and use it.
As a PCT’ element, chorionic gonadotropin is less in demand. Most experts insist on its using before post-cycle treatment because simultaneous use of PCT and HCG can hinder the achievement of the necessary results.
As a component of dietary supplements, chorionic gonadotropin is absolutely ineffective. Therefore, it is now available in the form of various meds for intramuscular injections. The effect of one injection lasts for almost a week, although the half-life period of the substance is around several hours.
There is no need for this hormone if the duration of the cycle of anabolics does not exceed 2 months and the anabolic drug is used in low dosages. A longer cycle with higher dosages, or the administration of 3 or more anabolic steroids, requires chorionic gonadotropin’s administration for avoiding testicular atrophy. Injections should be done before the full excretion of anabolic steroids. HCG is administered continuously if prolonged cycles take place, however, in order not to face testicle side effects after 3-5 weeks, take breaks on first or second week. This approach is optimal for stimulating necessary testicles’ activity and maximizing complete recovery after the anabolic cycle.
Side Effects of HCG “Steroid” Cycle
HCG “steroid” cycle may lead to some undesirable consequences, including:
- Liquid accumulation. When taking the hormone, the fluid may store in tissues, thereby increasing their size. For preventing terrible swelling, reduce consumption of salty foods and spirit.
- Enhanced likelihood of increase in height (rapid) in children (according to some researches).
- Gastric problems (diarrhea, nausea, indigestion disorders).
- Enlargement of penis and testes in boys. Only long-lasted usage and abuse of the medication can provoke it.
Dropped quantity of urine.
There are no scientifically manifested methods for increasing HCG naturally. This issue may be relevant for pregnant women.
However, we can give some tips on how to stay healthy during this delicate life period:
1. Exercising. Staying physically active (yoga, swimming, jogging, pilates etc.) is a must for most future moms.
2. Relaxation. Don’t accumulate fatigue, negative feelings and stresses. Have a mental rest regularly, walking with your dog in the open air, hanging out with friends or just reading fascinating fiction.
3. Proper nutrition. A balanced diet with wholesome food, rich in vital macro-and micronutrients is the key aspect of a strong and attractive body formation. Find the information about its principles and the list of the most important products for you. Eat foods with fiber, choose healthy snacks (apple slices, celery sticks, kale chips, tomatoes with mozzarella, canned salmon, edamame, etc.), limit caffeine and alcohol beverages, avoid junk food and trans fat.
4. Right supplementation. Vitamins, such as folates, are crucial for pregnant women. Discuss this issue with your doctor.