The program called Insanity developed by the famous choreographer and trainer Shaun T several years ago was a real breakthrough in the world of home fitness. For two months of workouts you will get fantastic results and gain a completely new body. Insanity workout schedule is not intended for beginners in the world of fitness. If you want to deal with Insanity, then you should be only physically prepared and seriously focused on the future result.
Insanity Workout: Review, Pros and Cons
Here is information for those who have never heard about Insanity Workout. Well, this is a hard complex of exercises, designed for 9 weeks with exercises 6 days a week for about an hour each time. The routine was created by the fitness guru Shaun T several years ago. This workout will really kick your ass. To perform it, you do not need any special equipment, it can be done at home, with your own weight.
Shaun T is not just some handsome guy who imagines himself a star fitness coach. Even at university, he made a name for himself as an athletics star, received a degree in sports science and began to give dance lessons. It is the combination of such a unique experience and allows Shaun T to create interesting and complex workouts that pump both body and spirit, force people go out of the comfort zone, and make them proud of themselves.
Shaun T created the program not only for his stellar clients, but also for everyone who wants to change their body and believe in themselves. Anyone with access to the Internet can try to perform the training under his guidance, even without leaving home.
Insanity is a high-intensity interval training. Unlike regular training, your heart rate will rise to 85% of the maximum and even higher. It will not be like aerobic training with short periods of explosive loads. On the contrary, during the whole session you will work at maximum, interrupting only for a 1-min rests.
Insanity is not for people with a weak cardiovascular system. During training, your heart rate will rise to the maximum, drop during short breaks and then go up again. Such a maximum interval training allows to achieve perfect results in 40-60 minutes. It is more effective that spending hours in the gym.
Insanity has many advantages:
- You will definitely lose weight. The workout leads to significant spending of calories.
- Your stamina will increase from session to session. In a couple of weeks with Insanity, you will forget about breath troubles when climbing the stairs.
- You will train and develop the heart muscle. A healthy cardiovascular system is the guarantee of your longevity.
- Each performed training will bring you great moral satisfaction. This is associated with the fact that Insanity is one of the most difficult workout routines in the world.
- Insanity is a high-intensity interval training in its best manifestation, which means an effective way to get rid of excess weight and create a defined body.
- After completing Insanity course, you will understand that any training will be easy for you. It’s when you realize that your body can do anything.
- The program has been translated into other languages.
There are also some disadvantages of the routine:
- A large number of jumps give a serious strain on the knee joints.
- It is not recommended for people with a weak heart. And in general, folks with poor general health should not do it.
- Some experts question the effectiveness of Insanity. They say that you will train your stamina, but in physical terms you will not become stronger, because such training promotes muscle loss. We believe that these experts are wrong, because scientific studies have shown that HIIT promotes muscle growth.
Video materials on this workout are available for free in the World Wide Web. Search for them online.
You might be interested in full body 30 min circuit bodyweight workout.
Insanity Workout Schedule and Exercises
Insanity schedule includes 6 days of training and 1 day off. Also, once a week, you should perform Cardio Recovery training, which is not as intense as the rest of workout days.
Before starting the Insanity, make a Fit Test and be sure to record the results. In 2 months, you will really be surprised at your progress! You will understand, how much you became stronger.
It is important: if you already had a lot of difficulty with exercises at the Fit Test stage, it’s worthwhile to think about whether you should do this workout.
The training consists of six circuits, each of them consists of three exercises. The first three circuits, do the first three exercises, then rest 30 seconds and make the remaining three ones.
I. Squats with a knee lift. Targets: abs, oblique abdominal muscles, buttock muscles, and legs.
1. Turn to the right and stand so that the legs are slightly wider than the width of the shoulders.
2. Place your left hand behind your head, and pull your right hand forward with your palm upward.
3. Perform a squat. Returning to the starting position, lift the right knee and pull the elbow of the right arm back.
4. Do this exercise for 15 seconds, then repeat on the other side.
II. Jumping with Arms Up and Plank. Targets: muscles of the shoulder girdle, abs, gluteus muscles and legs. (You might be interested in leg and butt workout.)
1. Stand upright, legs together, then bend your knees, stretch out your arms and cross your wrists in front of you.
2. Jump up, while spreading your arms and legs to the sides so that your body looks like the letter X.
3. Make the squat position, put your hands on the floor and stand in the plank position so that the legs are widely apart.
4. Return to the squat position and repeat the jump.
5. Do the exercise for 30 seconds.
III. Ab Claps. Targets: Shoulders, abs, inner and outer side of hips.
1. Lie on your back, stretch your arms in front of you and cross your wrists.
2. Lift the head, shoulders and legs above the floor. Then spread out the arms and legs so that your body looks like the letter X.
3. Take care that during the exercise your head, shoulders and legs do not go too high above the floor.
4. Continue the exercise for 30 seconds. You might be interested in the abs workout.
IV. Jumping Squat. Targets: abs, gluteus muscles, hamstrings, and quadriceps.
1. Stand so that your feet are shoulder width apart and accept the squat position.
2. Jump up, simultaneously pull up your left leg and clap your hands under it.
3. Return to the starting position and repeat the same with the right foot.
4. Do the exercise for 30 seconds.
V. Lunges with Jumps. Targets: muscles of the shoulders, abs, gluteal muscles, inner thigh and calf muscles.
1. Stand so that your feet are shoulder width apart. Jump with a jerk so that your right foot is in front, then change your legs with a jump.
2. Take the squat position, jump up and cross the ankles in the air.
3. Return to the squat position and repeat the exercise.
4. Do this combination for 30 seconds.
VI. Airbike. Targets: abs, oblique abdominal muscles, legs.
1. Sit on the floor, bend the right knee, and pull the left leg forward.
2. Bend your hands at an angle of 90 degrees, move the right elbow back, and the left one forward, as if you were running.
3. Tilt the body back no more than 45 degrees and lift the legs above the floor.
4. Then quickly change the position of the hands and feet as if you were running.
5. Perform this exercise for 30 seconds.
How Long are the Insanity Workouts?
How to plan your workout calendar? Insanity routine can be conditionally divided into three parts. They’re as follows:
- In the first month of your training, your workouts should last 30-40 minutes, but in the first 5 minutes you will want to quit that crazy plan. Be patient, after a week it will be easier. In a month, you will forget that you were exhausted during the first minutes of your first Insanity workouts.
- After 4 weeks of the first part, you will have 7 days of Core Cardio and Balance training, which will prepare you for the real crazy surge, which is the second month.
- After 5 weeks with Insanity, you will have training sessions that last 50-60 minutes. It will be even more difficult, even more extreme and even more insane than it was in the beginning.
So, how long are the insanity workouts? In the first month, every workout lasts somewhere between 35-45 minutes. Workouts for the second month usually last for around 55 minutes to an hour.
Insanity Workout Results – Real Testimonials
Below you will see before and after Insanity workout results (real users’ testimonials):
- Significantly increased endurance (after fulfilling 60-day Insanity workout plan).
- 6 packs on the abs.
- Great muscle mass (without the use of illegal steroids).
- “The results affected the performance and productivity of the work.”
- “Training helped me to clear my head, concentrate, raise my spirit.”
We hope that this Insanity workout review will be helpful for you. You might be interested in full body beginners workout for women and men.