If you have flabby arms, do not despair. It’s all in your hands. You can lose arm fat and get defined muscles without visiting a gym, just by performing bodyweight exercises or doing resistance band arm workout.
10 Minute Arm Workout – Is It Possible to Get Slim Arms by This Way?
You might think that you need to train your arms during long training sessions. It’s true if you want to get incredible muscles and become a performing athlete. However, if your goal is fat burning and obtaining a beautiful muscle definition, you can make an effective training of the arms within just 10 minutes.
10 minute arm workout is possible. This workout should combine combines biceps and triceps movements in a superset style to give you a very effective arm workout. Perform each move from exercise list provided below for 1 min with no rest between sets. So, let’s start! You can use exercises provided below as a part of your slim arms workout.
Arm Bands Workout – Description of Exercises
1. Alternate Resistance Band Arm Curls. Your starting position is to be as follows: fasten the ends of the band to two handles and grasp these handles with the bottom grip. Stand with both feet on the handles. The legs should be shoulder width apart, the toes should be pointed slightly to the sides. Bend your hands slightly in elbows until the band is lightly stretched. The look should be directed strictly forward. Strain the muscles of the waist and fix the natural bend of the spine to the end of the set. Begin to perform the exercise. On exhalation, bend one arm in the elbow joint, and pull the handle of the band to the corresponding shoulder. Having reached the upper point of the amplitude of motion, gently lower it back without delay on inhalation. Having unbent one arm, start bending the second one, keeping the tension of the band in the lowered hand. Here are some tips. Keep your back straight during exercise. The elbows should be tightly pressed to the torso all the time; all movements should be made only in the elbow joints. Choose a load, at which you will be able to reach the handle of the band to the level of the shoulders. If you cannot properly adjust the working length of the band, then do the bicep exercises with the band locked to the wall or door. You can find video instruction for this exercise on Youtube.
2. One-Arm Resistance Band Arm Curls. Your starting position is to be as follows: place your foot on one of the handles. Grab the other handle of the tape with one hand with the bottom grip, place the other hand under the lower part of the triceps of the hand. Slightly bend the arm at the elbow joint until the elastic band is lightly stretched. Make a small step with the foot on the handle. Contract the muscles of the waist and fix the natural bend of the spine to the end of the set. You have to look straight ahead. How to perform this exercise? On exhalation, bending the arm in the elbow joint, pull the handle of the expander to the shoulder. Having reached the top, pause and contract your bicep still more. On inhalation, smoothly return to the starting position, while maintaining the tension of the elastic tubes. Here are some tips for correctly doing this exercise. During this exercise, keep your back straight. The lower part of the triceps of the working arm should be firmly pressed against the wrist of the other hand throughout the exercise. Choose a load at which you will be able to reach the handle of the band to shoulder level.
3. Resistance Band Tricep Pushdown. Your starting position is to be as follows: fix the band to the wall in the upper position. Stand facing the wall and grip the grips of the resistance band with a neutral grip (your palms should look at each other). Bend your arms at the elbows at an angle of 90 ° and move away from the wall for a distance of easy stretching of the elastic band. The legs should stand on the width of the shoulders. Knees should be slightly bent. Tilt your torso forward (angle 15-20 °). Pull your elbows slightly before the torso. Keep this position of the body until the end of the set. How to perform this exercise? On exhalation, keeping your elbows as close as possible to your sides, straighten your arms down. Straightening your hands down, at the moment when the little fingers are below the elbows, begin to smoothly unfold the brushes and spread the handles to the sides along the trunk so that when you fully straighten your hands, the palms are pointed back. Completely straighten your arms, achieve peak contraction of the triceps. On inhalation, smoothly return to the starting position. Here are some tips for you. During the whole exercise, do not move your elbows. The upper part of the arms, trunk and legs should remain fixed until the end of the set. Do not loosen the grip during the exercise and do not unbend your arms at the wrists. Increasing the load should not be an obstacle to observing the correct technique of doing the exercise.
In addition to arm bands workout, you can perform no-equipment bodyweight exercises that are indicated below. Your skinny and / or flabby arms will become well-defined and toned!
Arm Workout No Weights – Description of Exercises
1. Push-Ups – Close Triceps Position. Tricep-focused push-ups are not an easy exercise, but with proper performance they are one of the best for triceps. In the usual push-ups, the arms are slightly wider than the shoulders, so the load is distributed between the chest and triceps. But with a narrow grip, the tricep is mainly loaded, because in it the palms are put together, and the elbows are kept close to the body. Here’s how it should be done:
- Place your hands on the floor, connecting the thumb and forefinger of both hands, creating the shape of a triangle.
- Keep your elbows as close to the body, go down until the chest touches the outer side of the palms.
- Keep all the muscles (Abs, buttocks, hips) in tension.
- Lift the body up to its original position. Then repeat the movement again. Do not perform the exercise too quick.
2. Bench Dips. This is another exercise that loads the chest and triceps to varying degrees, depending on the type of its performance that you choose. For most beginners, this exercise will be a good start at the initial stage of their sports way, but your goal should be to move to uneven bar push-ups (they include more muscles in the work). The only drawback of tricep dips is that you will have to find something suitable to perform them. You can find different bars on recreation grounds, but instead you can use a corner of the table or two sturdy chairs.
Here’s how to perform this exercise:
- Keep a balance between two benches or chairs, keeping your feet on one, and your hands on the opposite.
- Push the chest forward and keep your back straight.
- Lower your body down, until the elbows are bend at an angle of approximately 90 degrees.
- Then raise your body up, straightening your arms.
3. Chin-Ups. Unfortunately, you cannot train the biceps without additional equipment. This can be a resistance band, the exercises with which have been described above. Additionally, you can use an ordinary horizontal bar to perform chin-ups. In this case, as in the case with ordinary pull-ups, the back muscles are engaged in work. But due to the reverse grip, a lot of load is received by the bicep muscles. Some people say that chin-ups are better than dumbbell curls, because they involve more weight in the work (they mean one’s own weight) and longer amplitude of movements. Chin-up execution may be difficult for beginner athletes, so you can start with assisted chin-ups (if you have the possibility to do it) or perform the so-called negative chin-ups. Negative chin-ups are a great exercise for improving upper body strength, most notably, the muscles of the middle to upper back & scapula stabilizers. Most importantly, they help athletes to develop ordinary chin-up skills. But if you are able to do classic chin-ups, here’s an instruction:
- Grab the crossbar with both hands. The width of the grip should be equal to the width of the shoulders. The palms should be pointed in your direction.
- Do not relax the abdominal muscles and buttocks, so that the body in profile resembles a straight line.
- At the time of execution, bring the scapulae together and, as it were, pull them down.
- When the chin reaches the crossbar, stop, and slowly lower down.
You can perform Abs exercises during your no-weight arm workout.
Flabby Arm Workout – Other Considerations
If you want to get toned arms, you should use other methods in addition to your flabby arms workout sessions. These include:
- proper nutrition;
- sufficient rest (at least 7 hours of sleep);
- sufficient water consumption (approximately 3 liters);
- recording your midline results;
- good motivation.
It is easy, isn’t it? So, do something!