Are you searching for intensive workout routine for all body? You can try CrossFit workouts. They are designed to be performed outdoors, but also can be done at home. In this article, we will tell you about CrossFit workouts at home and CrossFit open workouts.
What Is CrossFit?
CrossFit is one of the most popular training systems based on the principles of circuit workouts using so-called functional exercises, that is, those closest to human movements in everyday life.
From the physiological point of view, the benefit of CrossFit training is the combination of high-intensity cardio and strength exercises (which are in many respects variations of basic exercises), which is useful both for strengthening muscle definition, and for increasing the elasticity and overall tightening of the muscles.
The Introduction to Beginner CrossFit Workouts
It is important to note that CrossFit is designed for people with a good level of physical fitness, because its exercises combine such activities as interval running, rowing, jumping rope, rope climbing, and various types of strength exercises with and without weight.
Beginners who have zero level of training (that is, who cannot pull up and are not able to run 500 meters in a sprint mode) are recommended preliminary training with a coach in a regular gym. In this case, the transition to CrossFit will be faster and safer, then you can switch to beginner CrossFit workouts.
The main advantage of this system of training is the all-round development of the body – improving both the strength characteristics, and the response rates and overall endurance. Beginners engaged in CrossFit, feel more athletic literally with each training session.
The main disadvantage of CrossFit plan is the increased risk of injury for beginners, who do not want to spend time on detailed study of the exercise technique, but only aspire to show the best results possible, performing exercises faster than others do, and with the heaviest weight.
Note that the training program presented below, though close to a typical WOD, is not a CrossFit program in the full sense of the word. It can be performed in an ordinary gym and is designed for beginners who want to try themselves in CrossFit.
Training A (Monday):
- Warm-Up: interval running – 5 minutes; exercises for warming-up joints; 10 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups with body weight (exercises are performed without interruption) – 5 minutes.
- Strength Training: in 15 minutes, you need to perform as many cycles of the following exercises as possible – jumping on a box of 60 cm in height, pull-ups, push-ups, standing barbell press, captains chair knee raise. In each exercise, there are10-15 repetitions, the break between the sets and exercises is minimal.
- Cooldown: slow running, cooldown, breathing exercises – 5 minutes.
Training B (Wednesday):
- Warm up: dumbbell lunges – 15 reps per leg, plank for abs – 3 sets, captains chair knee raise – 3 sets with the maximum number of reps.
- Main part: perform as many cycles as possible in 15 minutes – 1 km of running with maximum speed, deadlift combined with standing barbell press – 15 repetitions with light weight, rowing machine exercise – 2 km.
- Cooldown: stretching, breathing exercises – 5 minutes.
Training C (Friday):
- Warm-Up: interval running – 5 minutes; exercises for warming-up joints; 10 pull-ups, 10 push-ups, 10 sit-ups with body weight –- 5 minutes.
- Power section: in 15 minutes perform as many cycles as possible – 30 rope jumps, 10 sit-ups with a light barbell, 10 leg lifts captains chair knee raise, 15 hyperextensions.
- Cooldown: slow running, stretching, breathing exercises – 5 minutes.
If you’re an advanced athlete, you can try Murph CrossFit.
CrossFit Workouts at Home
Workout Routine 1. Scheme: as many circuits as possible, within 10 minutes.
- Burpee – 10 reps
- Sit-Ups – 20 reps
- Leg Raises – 30 reps
Do each exercise the prescribed number of times, continue in a circuit for 10 minutes. Be sure to fix how many circuits you have made so that to beat your own record next time.
Workout Routine 2. Scheme: 5 circles
- Wall Climb + Push Up – 5 times
- Lunges with Jumping – 10 times
- Plank with Jumping Movements – 15 times
- Sprint – 200 meters
To complete one circuit, do each exercise the right number of times. Try to finish all 5 circuits. You can do Push-ups standing on your hands at any wall. If you cannot perform them, do the usual push-ups. If you do not have enough room for a two-hundred-meter sprint, just run in place for 30 seconds.
CrossFit Open Workouts
One of the advantages of CrossFit is the ability to exercise not only in the gym but in any other place, for example, on the street in the fresh air. This is especially true when the weather is warm and no one wants to sit in a stuffy room.
We’ll give you several options for CrossFit training on the street:
WOD (Workout of the Day):
- 7 rounds:
- 7 push-ups on the rings;
- 21 double jumps on the rope;
- sandbag lifting 70% of 1RM.
- 12 minutes AMRAP (as many reps as possible);
- 20 meters of lunges with sandbag over your head;
- 9 pull-ups;
- 12 jumps on the bench;
- The maximum number of double rope jumps.
- For the period of 4 rounds:
- 400 meters of running;
- 8 sandbag thrusters;
- 16 burpees;
- 24 pull-ups.
WOD (Cindy CrossFit workout):
- 5 pull-ups;
- 10 push-ups;
- 15 air squats.
You can also find other CrossFit daily workouts on YouTube.
Tips for CrossFit Daily Bodyweight Workouts
Before trying to perform entirely different complexes, it is necessary to prepare your body for large loads.
For training the cardiovascular system, you can preliminarily go for short-distance acceleration jogs or swims for a month. This will prepare the heart muscle and increase stamina.
In many CrossFit exercises, leg muscles and body stabilizers work. For their preparation, you can do the following exercises: squats with a bar behind your head (on your chest); deadlift; various press and back extensor muscles exercises.
As for technically difficult exercises, if there is no cross-room in your city, it is better to work with a professional coach, for example, in weightlifting, for their mastering. Trying to learn how to do them oneself with the help of Internet-based video clips is not safe for athlete’s joints, ligaments and spine. In addition, correcting the wrong technique is much harder than developing it from scratch.
Of course, this does not guarantee good results when performing complexes, but will prepare you for their mastering.
After completing beginner level, you can switch to more advanced CrossFit bodyweight workouts. Read more about CrossFit hardest workout names.