Workout routine & tips provided below are designed for people with experience in bodybuilding, for those who have already achieved a visible result and wants to double it. So if you want to get big arms, you should read this article. Moreover, using best arm workouts provided below, you will achieve an incredible physique.
How to Do Best Arm Workouts?
The first principle of effective gym arm workout is the workload. The load will be significant and it will seem that it borders on overload. This is necessary for moving forward. Try to perform each set in the maximum number of repetitions, but stop in time when you feel that the next repetition can be the last. Do not exercise to failure each time you take a barbell or dumbbells. Your task is to stimulate muscle growth, not to cause the body overtraining, the immunity worsening, and even nervous disorders.
Add weight, then when you feel the need, the main thing is to do it constantly. Use the following rule: perform each set of exercises with the same weight. If you do the necessary number of repetitions, then this is a sign to the fact that you need to increase weights.
The second principle is a proper amplitude of motion. Use the amplitude of motion as a method to improve training efficiency. When you feel the overload, then reduce the amplitude. If you feel insufficient muscle contraction, you can increase the amplitude. Use this technique with benefit.
Arm Workout for Mass – Training Plan
Your general training plan may be as follows:
- Day 1. Back and Bi.
- Day 2. Chest and Tricep.
- Day 3. Rest.
- Day 4. Leg Day.
- Day 5. Shoulders.
- Day 6. Rest.
- Day 7. Rest.
Let’s move to arm workout for mass itself (day 1 and day 2), more precisely, workouts that include exercises for the arms. You can find workout plans for legs and shoulders in best leg day workout routine for mass article and top full shoulder workouts for mass.
- Deadlift, 2 sets of 5 repetitions;
- Inclined One-Dumbbell Row, 3 sets of 8-12 repetitions;
- Barbell Row, 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions;
- Cable Machine Row, 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions;
- Scott Bench Bicep Curl, 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions;
- Concentrated Bicep Curl, 3 sets of 10-12 repetitions;
- Hammer Curl, 3 sets to failure.
- Bench Press, 3 sets of 6-10 repetitions;
- Inclined Dumbbell Press, 3 sets of 8-12 repetitions;
- Chest Dips, 3 sets to failure;
- Chest Flyes (Cable Machine, in Standing Position), 3 sets of 8-12 repetitions;
- Smith Machine Bench Press, 3 sets, 8-10 reps;
- Skullcrushers, 3 sets, 8-12 repetitions;
- Tricep Extension, 3 sets, 12-15 reps (or to failure).
Useful Tips for Arm Workout in Bodybuilding
If you do not progress despite great efforts and are despaired, then you can use perfect tips for arm workout in bodybuilding that will force your muscles to grow!
- Take a break for 2 weeks. Yes, you did not misinterpret. Most people do not give their arms a chance to rest, training them for mass constantly. The muscles of the arms are relatively small, so it’s easy enough to overtrain them. After you give the muscles the necessary rest, you can begin to train them more intensively.
- Adhere to the following training routine. After resting from training arms, use this workout below. You should train your arms once or twice a week, 6 weeks in a row. After that, take 10-day rest and repeat this cycle of training again with more weight. Your killer arm workout would be as follows:
- Seated Barbell Curl. 4 sets of 8 reps.
- Shin-Ups (with extra weight or with no weight). 4 sets of 8 reps.
- Tricep Cable Extension. 2 sets of 12 reps.
Concentrated Bicep Curl. 2 sets of 12 reps.
- Tricep Dips. 3 sets of 12 reps.
- Scott Bench Bicep Curls. 2 sets of 10 reps.
- Skullcrushers. 8 sets of 8 reps. (15-sec rest between sets).
- Do Chin-Ups. There are probably only a few arm training programs that do not include a bicep curl exercise, but such an excellent exercise on the mass of the biceps, like chin-up is performed only when training your back. You should just reduce the grip in pull-ups and you get an excellent exercise on the biceps. Try chin-ups with weights on your arm day, if you can do more than 10 chin-ups with your weight.
- Do Stretching Exercises. Stretching after training will help you to recover faster. In addition, it has recently been shown that stretching helps and improves muscle growth. Each time, performing stretching exercises, you expand the zone of muscle growth. Of course, you should practice more difficult exercises than simple yoga exercises.
- Train Forearms. Quite often the problem of the growth of the muscles of the arms are weak forearms, which simply cannot withstand the weight required for large biceps. Hence, you should add some exercises to train your forearms.
- Train your legs. When one’s arms stop growing, they start to train their legs, and their arms grow again. The fact that the legs allow you to include anabolic regimen in the body, because they are “suppliers”, in other words they share growth with the rest of the body. Why is this? This is due to fact, that leg workouts help to boost testosterone naturally. So do you understand who are the “best friends” for your arms? Therefore, do training of the legs: squats, lunges, etc. (Read more about good leg workouts with dumbbell and kettlebell.) After training the legs, give your body a day of rest for a better recovery.
- Use sports nutrition. Use sports supplements like caffeine, tyrosine before training in order to increase your tone and energy levels, take BCAA during training and after it. You can also use protein and creatine.
- Eat properly. Your arms will not begin to increase in size (even if you do full arm workouts) until the moment you start to eat more. The rule is simple: the more you eat, the more you grow. Some experts recommend to consume at least 2 grams of protein per day and 8 grams of carbohydrates per body weight. Try to eat so for 5 days, then within two days reduce the intake of carbohydrates three times and double the consumption of fat. In addition, do not forget about water and drink at least 3 liters of clean water every day (according to recommendations of different healthcare and sports organizations). It is important: a calorie surplus should not be more than 20 percent of your daily energy expenditure. Failing this, you will gain too much fat.
- Imagine potential results. If you need real results, it is not enough just to say: “I want big arms”. It is necessary to set a clear goal and imagine yourself after 3-4 months of hard work. Take someone as an example and strive for it. Periodically imagine yourself the way you want to see yourself. Do not measure your progress every day, as you can go crazy. Just work and go to the goal, clearly presenting it to yourself.
- Do not rush. Your success depends largely on the quality of the recovery. The first thing you need to pay attention to is sleep, sleep at least 8 hours every night. Take massage sessions, take a bath, go to the sauna or just spend time in the fresh air. Recovery periods can also be active (for instance, visiting a swimming pool, playing games, doing cardio, etc.).
Are you sitting at the table now? Do not be a lazy person! Go to the gym right now!
Killer Gym Arm Workout & Steroids
If you want to make your arm muscles bigger in the shortest period of time, you can use anabolic steroids like Anavar, Masteron, and testosterone cypionate. Anabolic steroids are special pharmacological drugs that mimic the action of various anabolic-type hormones. In most cases of the use of anabolics, the effect of testosterone is reproduced, or its initial level rises. It’s well-known that steroids have a pronounced anabolic effect, that is they contribute to the muscle mass gaining, with virtually no increase in the percentage of fat in the human body. Moreover, there are steroids that burn fat. Hormones play a crucial role in all sports, especially in bodybuilding. Not surprisingly, anabolic drugs can dramatically improve the possible outcome of training and proper diet. However, the use of anabolic steroids is associated with some side effects such as fluid retention in the body, a corresponding increase in arterial pressure, acne, seborrhea, disorders of internal organs, in particular of the liver, and so on. In women, steroids may cause masculinization.
In fact, you can train muscles naturally. But some professional athletes such as Ronnie Coleman, Frank Zane and Arnold Schwarzenegger were simply forced to use anabolic drugs because of the situation in bodybuilding (in 1960s, 1970s, and 1990-2000s respectively). Now it is also impossible to show good results in professional bodybuilding if you do not use anabolic steroids. Therefore, we can not condemn these athletes. You also may use anabolics, but you should know that you may expose your health to multiple risks.