Scientists have proved that fat on the stomach is one of the problem areas in humans. Perhaps this is due to the fact that the human body is trying to protect the digestive tract from the influence of cold and other external factors. We are certainly grateful to Mother Nature that it created us and awarded us with various protective mechanisms. However, often these protective mechanisms manifest themselves in the form of fat on the stomach, bringing problems to many people. How to get rid of excess fat on your stomach? How to get the desired 6 pack at home? To learn how to do this, read our article below.
Best ABS Workout for Men in a Gym
You are a man and you want to get six pack ABS. Then you have to do your best at the gym. There you can find several sports machines and equipment for good 6 pack or even 8 pack ABS. These may be horizontal bars, sit up machines, rollers, adjustable decline Ab benches, etc.
If you are a man and want to maximize your press, we offer you the following Abs workout for men (superset):
- First you should get up on the bar, put your elbows on the stand and begin to lift your legs at a right angle, making sure that in the final position they are parallel to the floor.
- Then get up off the bar and lie down on the mat on the floor. Take the dumbbell in your hand and hold it above you, while doing the exercise on the upper part of your Abs, that is, you do not need to bend to the knees, the amplitude should be minimal.
- Repeat these steps as much as you can.
Read more about total ABS workout in a gym.
Best ABS Workout for Women in a Gym
If you are a woman and you want to get a six pack ABS on your stomach you have to work in the gym no less than men. We’ve found the following gym Abs workout for women:
- Hanging Leg Raise. To perform this exercise, you should get up on the bar. Then hang from the bar with both arms extended at their length. Raise the legs until your torso makes a 90° angle with the legs. Hold the contraction for several seconds. Perform 3 sets.
- Dumbbell Side Bend. This is a good exercise for females, which helps to train oblique abdominal muscles. Stand up while holding a dumbbell on your left hand. Your right hand should hold your waist. Keep your back straight, bend at the waist to the right. Then hold the position for a second, come back up to the initial position. Repeat this movement bending to the left. 3 sets, 12 reps.
- Swiss Ball Crunch. Lie back on the Swiss ball with feet shoulder-width apart on the floor. Your arms should be kept alongside the body. Lower your torso into a stretch position (it will be your initial position). Flex the waist by contracting your abdominal muscles. Go back to the initial position. 3 sets, 15 reps.
- Plank. This exercise can also be done at home. Stand up in push up position. Ground the toes into the floor, squeeze your gluteal muscles to stabilize the body. 3 sets.
- Kneeling Cable Crunch. Kneel below a cable machine, which contains a rope attachment. Flex your hips. This will be your initial position. Do not move your hips, flex the waist as you contract the abdominal muscles so that the elbows move towards the mid of the thighs. 3 sets, 10 reps.
Read more about bodybuilding gym machine workout program for ABS in a gym.
Abs Workout at Home – Is It Effective?
Many people simply do not have time to train effectively in the gym. Therefore, they decide to do workouts at home. Home workouts (including Abs workout at home) have their advantages and disadvantages. The main advantage of home training is that you can train at any time, in any clothing and in any environment. The main disadvantage of home training is that it can be hard for you to tune in to a heavy workout. In addition, some people miss workouts because of laziness. Another important drawback is that your home may not have the necessary equipment to conduct truly effective workouts. All these negative factors can minimize the effectiveness of training at home or even reduce the effect to nothing. Therefore, many people prefer to train in the gym. If you do not belong to such people, we recommend that you try out the workout plan for your Abs presented below.
Six Pack ABS Workout at Home for Men and Women
Usually people do not have a special home equipment for effective Abs workouts. Therefore, the ABS exercises for men and women will be approximately the same, but men can, for example, do exercises with larger weights than women.
If you are a very busy person and you do not have time to visit the gym, we suggest you try out the following six pack Abs workout at home:
- Double Crunch on the Floor. 3 sets and 15 reps.
- Ordinary Crunch on the Floor (legs bent at the knees). 3 sets and 15 reps.
- Crunch with Core Turns. 3 sets and 15 reps.
If you use the right diet and this routine of exercises, you will perfectly work out your rectus abdominus and oblique abdominal muscles, and also provide reduction of subcutaneous fat in this area, which will significantly improve your Abs definition. Do you want a real challenge? Then you can try these advanced exercises in addition to your ordinary ABS workout routine:
- Sitting Knee-to-Chest Exercise. Sit on the floor, bend your knees, make your feet touch the ground. Leaning your palms for stability, stretch your legs forward, not straightening them completely. Contracting your abdominal muscles, pull your legs to your chest, then pull them forward again. Repeat this exercise 15-25 times, depending on how many repetitions you can do.
- “The Bicycle” or ”Bicycle Kicks”. Sitting on the floor and leaning his hands, alternately pull your legs to your chest, as if you are riding a bicycle. Perform the exercise for 25 seconds, kicking legs “forward”, then perform “backward” kicking for another 25 seconds. It is necessary to feel how your abdominal muscles are involved in movement.
- ”Frog Crunches”. Sit on the floor, the feet should touch the ground. Raise your legs and pull them to your chest, as if trying to clasp your knees with your hands, but do not touch them. Then stretch your legs forward, stretch your abdominal muscles and spread your arms out. Repeat this exercise 15-25 times.
- Open Leg Crunches. Lie on the floor, spread your legs forward. Raise the upper body with the help of abdominal muscles, and, having brought the left hand behind the head, stretch the right hand to the left leg. Go back to the starting position and change your hand. Repeat this exercise 15-25 times.
General Tips on How to Get Six Pack ABS
If you think that you can get excellent Abs with the help of Abs workout at home solely, unfortunately, you are mistaken. Remember: the cornerstone of beautiful Abs includes not only proper training program. You should adhere to proper diet with calorie restriction. Why? If you consume too many calories, no drop sets, supersets and the like will not help you. This is due to the fact that your body will not have time to process excess calories. Therefore, these extra calories will go to the fat deposits that are located primarily on your stomach (as we indicated above the stomach is a problem area for many people).
So here is the list of must know methods you should try right now:
- Drink a plenty of water. Health association recommends people consume 3.7 liters (15 cups) for the average adult man and 2.7 liters (11 cups) for the average adult female.
- Perform resistance training with weights. Resistance training of different body parts is also important for perfect Abs. Find full-body workout routines for beginners or advanced “gym rats”.
- Try HIIT. Tabata training is one of well-known HIIT types. You can read more on Tabata workouts in our 8-min workout article.
- Periodically check your results. This will help you be in tone and mood.
- Do cardio. Cardio is very important for getting shredded. Professional bodybuilding athletes, who have perfect Abs, always do cardio.
- Eat properly. According to the WHO, the basis of proper nutrition has to include whole grain foods, fruits, vegetables, legumes, lean meat and fish. Avoid trans fats and huge amounts of animal fats. Prefer vegetable fats and foods containing Omega-3, such as fatty fish and flax seeds / oil.
We hope that this article will be helpful for you! We have to remind you that getting shredded Ab may be a difficult task for you. If you wanna quick results and need some shortcuts, you can try illegal steroids, such as testosterone enanthate, Trenbolone, Sustanon 250, and Boldenone. But we also have to note that the use of these drugs is associated with some side effects of steroids.