Boldenone is a steroidal medicament having anabolic and androgenic effects. It is also known under such trademarks as Equipoise, Boldebal N, Boldabol 200, and others. Initially, the drug was created as a prolonged methandrostenolone, but in the course of research, scientists received anabolic preparation with fully different features despite structural similarity.
Boldenone undecylenate – dosage and cycle
The duration of the cycle is from 8 to 10 weeks. As for dosage, the most optimal variant is from 400 mg to 800 mg weekly. As a rule, changing the dosages is not recommended: if it is reduced, a sportsman will not be able to achieve the proper result. Increasing the dose, on the contrary, can become a catalyst for the further manifestation of side effects.
Cycle with the drug provides the following effects:
1. Muscle mass gaining. The drug guarantees slow but stable muscle mass increase. The features of this effect are determined by the type of ether.
2. Increased strength. This effect is always accompanied by the previous one.
3. Increased appetite. Sportsmen’s metabolism is accelerated, therefore they start to eat more.
4. Increased erythrocyte mass of blood. The medicament stimulates the creation of red blood cells. Thus, the muscles get more oxygen, can work more efficiently; lactic acid is formed more slowly. In addition, the remedy increases athlete’s endurance. Boldenone is often used by sprinters, skiers and other athletes oriented towards enhanced endurance.
Boldenone cypionate, acetate & propionate – modernized esters
These esters are characterized by quicker action. In the case of the use of acetate, cypionate or propionate esters, muscular hypertrophy will occur faster. These forms have a much shorter half-life. The advantage of these forms is that the body quickly removes anabolics after the end of the cycle. But there is a drawback: injections should be performed once every 2-3 days (in lower dosages), and not once a week as in the case of undecylenate.
Side effects of Boldenone drug
Like any anabolic medicament, this one can cause some side effects, especially in the case of the drug abusing (overdosing). Here is the list of possible adverse events of this anabolic agent:
1) Estrogenic effect. The drug can be converted into estrogen, but this effect is not very pronounced. The level of its conversion is lower than that of testosterone. Many athletes do not show this effect.
2) Androgenic effect. The use of the medication can lead to the appearance of androgenic side effects, such as acne, the acceleration of baldness (in athletes predisposed to this) and the growth of hair on the body. Nevertheless, the manifestation of these effects is not very significant, as it is connected with the structural feature of the drug. For most men, androgenic effects are easily controlled.
When using Boldenone cypionate or other forms of medication, female persons may suffer from symptoms of virilization. They include: the growth of hair on the body, coarsening of the voice and the increased clitoris. However, low androgenic activity makes it more or less suitable for use by women (so the drug can be considered as one of the steroids for women). If symptoms of virilization begin to appear, the use of the drug should be discontinued. If a woman ignores this factor, negative symptoms can become irreversible.
3) Cardiovascular effect. The negative effect of the drug on the cardiovascular system is much less than that of most anabolic steroids, especially oral ones. However, this steroid has a slight negative effect on cholesterol. But if you observe the principles of proper nutrition, and add a cardio load to the training program, you will reduce the risk of this side effect.
4) Inhibition of testosterone synthesis. Like all anabolic steroids, this one oppresses the natural production of testosterone. However, the oppression level often varies from one steroid to another. The drug inhibits the production of testosterone, but this process is significantly lower than in the case of most other anabolics.
5) Hepatotoxicity. The medication is not considered a hepatotoxic anabolic steroid. Thus, with proper dosage, a negative effect on the liver is not observed.
Boldenone steroid – famous cases of using
This drug was approved only for use in veterinary medicine (often Boldenone undecylenate is used to increase horse endurance in horseracing). It is not officially permitted to be used for treating humans (therefore, it belongs to illegal steroids for sale), but many athletes apply it.
In 1997, baseball player Justin Charles, was suspended from participation in 16 matches, as the anti-doping test revealed this drug in the athlete’s body. In 2008, horse trainer Gai Waterhouse was fined 10 thousand dollars after this drug had been identified in the blood of one of his horses.