Most of the people prefer natural alternatives to artificial “chemicals”. First of all, it concerns steroid-based drugs, as they may cause side effects. In this article, we will study some natural facilities that imitate effects of steroids.
Best natural steroids for inflammation
Steroids used for preventing inflammation and infection are corticosteroids. They’re known for their side effects. That is the reason you may find natural steroids for inflammation more suitable.
1. Turmeric. Ethnomedicinal uses curcumin, a property in turmeric for its innate anti-inflammatory abilities. It also has curative effect for arthritis and Alzheimer’s, which is proved by several researchers. Turmeric influences the body’s improving its immunity to various diseases along with anti-inflammation, so it seems a reasonable choice.
2. Ginger. Chinese medicine appreciates ginger for its property to disable inflammatory receptors and prevent inflammation. 500 mg about 4 times per day is enough to keep the body temperature for dealing with aching joints in cold climate.
3. Diet. The diet can’t be considered a “cure”, it is rather passive improvement to deal with inflammation. There’s a list of food products, known for anti-inflammatory capabilities. Mostly it includes vegetables (especially pigmented ones), fruits and seafood. The best choice is garlic, blueberries, green tea, and oregano. It must also be noted, that balanced diet is a good way for skin condition improving.
Steroid alternatives – essential oils
In addition to the previously mentioned natural steroids, essential oils also significantly affect the anti-inflammatory abilities of the body.
We would advise using the following ones:
Marjoram. This herb helps in facilitating muscle pain, due to its soothing properties
Chamomile. Thanks to the anti-inflammatory effect, it gives a feeling of calm and makes a beneficial effect on the joints
Rosemary. It can be used to combat pain in the back and joints. It is also good for suppressing pain in muscles due to the anesthetic substances in it.
Eucalyptus. It reduces pain in the muscles and cures nervous system. Its strong odor is an external manifestation of the natural analgesics that make it up.
Natural steroids – phytoestrogens
First of all, it is worth making a couple of comments about what phytoestrogens are not. Firstly, phytoestrogens aren’t planted hormones. Secondly, phytoestrogens aren’t estrogens (which are female sex hormones, whose main purpose is support of sexual function in the female body along with some other functions). Natural pills with phytoestrogens can be bought at the drugstore.
Non-steroid plant compounds are called phytoestrogens (although they are considered natural steroids). They are capable of performing not only estrogen functions, but also anti-estrogen ones. For example: while estrogens can stimulate the hormone-dependent tumors to increase, phytoestrogens inhibit them (like anastrozole pills). This effect exists due to the dualistic nature of phytoestrogens and their capabilities, such as an ability to contact with the same receptors (special protein structures on the cell surface) as estrogens, though they influence 500-1000 times less than estrogens. While having a low level of estrogens, phytoestrogens contact with unoccupied receptors. With a high level of estrogens, phytoestrogens begin to interfere with estrogen, taking up receptors that result in androgenic effect.
Phytoestrogens are contained in food products, such as:
- soybean, wheat, oats, barley, flax, rice, alfalfa, lentils.
- apples, carrots, pomegranates.
If the estrogen level is not high enough, phytoestrogens will perform the estrogen functions (regulate fat metabolism, reduce the incidence of tumors, etc.)
Steroid alternatives and other on our website
Our site provides reliable and interesting information about steroids. Here you can read articles about anabolic steroids for muscle growth in bodybuilding. You will learn what Primobolan cycle, Dianabol, Boldenone and many other things are.