Methandienone (also known as Dianabol, Danabol, and methandrostenolone) is a powerful oral anabolic steroid. Initially, the drug in tablets was used only for medical purposes in order to stimulate the recovery processes, cure burns, and increase the tone of the body. The cycle of the drug is used primarily to increase muscle mass, although, like any other anabolic steroid, this one has many other beneficial effects (improvement of fat burning, etc.) Usually, the drug is produced in small doses (5mg and 10mg). However, you can find other dosages, for example, 20mg. In most countries, Methandienone doesn’t belong to legal anabolic steroids.
Methandienone dosage – typical oral dose and cycle
Methandienone is not advised to persons under 18 and athletes who have contraindications (for instance, liver diseases, heart ailments, high arterial pressure, hypertrophy of prostate, etc.). The safe dosage of oral methandrostenolone is approximately 30 mg. Typically, athletes take Methandienone 10mg three times a day, not the entire dosage at one go. This allows sportsmen to avoid sudden jumps in the hormonal background. Injection forms of the steroid usually contain large dosages, but the duration of their administering shouldn’t exceed 6 weeks.
Approximately in one week after beginning the cycle with the medicament, athletes start using aromatase inhibitors to eliminate the estrogenic effect. It helps to eliminate swelling, accumulation of fluid, and prevent the development of gynecomastia (enlargement of the mammary glands). In addition, it is necessary to monitor blood pressure. In situations of its increase, athletes need to lower the dose of the drug or start taking antihypertensive medications (for example, Enalapril 5mg).
Post cycle therapy (or PCT) after the use of this steroid begins soon after the end of the cycle and is usually performed with tamoxifen at a dosage of 20 milligrams for 2-4 weeks (the dosage gradually decreases). To restore normal rates of endogenous testosterone, testosterone booster can be used. The main principle is to constantly monitor the physiological and hormonal parameters, and make appropriate adjustments in time.
Effects of Methandienone injection in bodybuilding
1. Significant increase in muscle mass. This effect is occurred due to the activation of protein synthesis. However, a large part of the muscle mass is gained due to water retention. Without taking special medicaments, a rollback phenomenon is often observed.
2. Increase of the athlete’s strength. Due to increased muscular hypertrophy, an athlete can lift larger weights.
3. Fat burning effect (it is observed if an athlete adheres to proper nutrition and performs cardio exercises).
4. Strengthening of the athlete’s joints and bones.
5. Increased appetite. Athletes increase metabolism, so they begin to eat more.
Methandienone 5mg & 10mg – possible side effects
Before administering the drug, athletes should carefully study the instructions for its taking, as well as determine the dosage and duration of the cycle. A common adverse effect of the drug in tablets or injections is gynecomastia, resulting from the transformation of a part of the active agent into estrogens. In order to prevent this negative reaction, aromatase inhibitors are applied when taking Methandienone 10mg. Toxicity to the liver is caused by the specific structure of the active substance of the drug. To prevent this side effect, some choleretic medications can be used. Also, this steroid contributes to excessive hydration: cells retain an excessive amount of water, which leaves after the course, causing the previously mentioned rollback phenomenon ( an athlete can lose about 20-50% of the weight gained). The rollback phenomenon can be prevented by the intake of aromatase inhibitors.
Other possible side effects of the drug:
1) increase in libido during the cycle and its temporary decrease after the end of the cycle;
2) atrophy of the testicles which can occur with very long cycles using increased doses of steroids pills;
3) rashes on the skin during the cycle;
4) heartburn, a feeling of discomfort and burning in the epigastric area;
6) alopecia (especially in men who are predisposed to this condition);
7) masculinization in women, so it isn’t recommended to take the medicament by females.
What is better – oral pills or injection?
The injectable form of the drug was popular in the second half of the 20th century, as an inexpensive medication that does not require special equipment for the production of tablets. Now, Methandienone injections are becoming popular again. Sometimes manufacturers position them as “innovative” steroid drugs with less toxic effects on the liver. However, they are often unreasonably overpriced.